UML290 Constantly Disconnects
Swingray

I upgraded my USB760 for this UML290. At this time I only get 3G service. I have a Wilson Electronics Direct Connect setup with a Dual Band Yagi on the roof (@30' above grade) I am about 4 Miles from the tower. If I use the UML290 either VZAM or Cradlepoint mbr 1200 this device constantly drops connection and only connects 1XRRT 100% signal -68 and MBR1200 system log shows a hard device reset before a reconnect. If I connect USB760 (work Modem) it connects EVDO 100% signal  -71db and I never get dropped. What is up with this 4G modem. Oh and this was sent on USB760!

Thanks,

Hank

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: UML290 Constantly Disconnects
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

Quick,  Drop the 4G!   The 3G for the Pantech & the 3G for the USB760 are different 3G networks.

The old 3G as you've noticed, is stable.   The new 3G is not and is riddled with problems. Your topic is a replica of dozens below (we're all rolling our eyes again).  If you're not embeded in a 4G area you shouldn't upgrade at this time,

Pay the rip-off $35.00 re-stocking fee and wait.

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

The fix for this is to install the latest version of VZAccess from www.vzam.net. After it runs let it update your SIM cards IMS settings to the latest. It should work without disconnects now. If it prompts you to update the firmware, DO IT. Then reboot. Please do this at least once on Windows because the firmware update only runs on Windows. Then you can reboot and install the latest version of VZAccess on Mac if you are using a Mac.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Swingray wrote:

I upgraded my USB760 for this UML290. At this time I only get 3G service. I have a Wilson Electronics Direct Connect setup with a Dual Band Yagi on the roof (@30' above grade) I am about 4 Miles from the tower. If I use the UML290 either VZAM or Cradlepoint mbr 1200 this device constantly drops connection and only connects 1XRRT 100% signal -68 and MBR1200 system log shows a hard device reset before a reconnect. If I connect USB760 (work Modem) it connects EVDO 100% signal  -71db and I never get dropped. What is up with this 4G modem. Oh and this was sent on USB760!

Thanks,

Hank

Please ensure that you have the latest VZAccess Manager software version for your system at the link below:

VZAccess Manager Latest Software

Also make sure that your Internet settings are set to Automatically Detect Settings. You can do this under Internet Explorer, then click on Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings, unchecked Proxy Server (if checked) and checked "Automatically Detect Settings" and click OK.

Additionally, ensure that your system Firewall (if any) allows wireless devices. You can do this under Firewall settings then Exceptions and check box to allow wireless portable devices.

Following the above troubleshooting steps may resolve your device’s connectivity issues.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

Why does everyone keep saying to install the latest VZAM? This version has been out for almost 2 months. I wish they would relase a newer version that would include a F/W update as well for the Pantech. I saw where the LG had a one last week, where is all the love for the Pantech owners?

0 Likes
Swingray60

I've done all of the above from the very start! I have great signal it does connect EV-RevAe but only for a very short time. Like 10 minutes or so. It has done it all along. Logs are telling me that the device is doing a hard reset every time it disconnects.

Thanks,

Hank

I am using VZAM 7.6.3.1. MBR1200 will only connect 1xRTT.

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

So you're keeping the Pantech UML290 (in a 3G only area) ,  and not returning to the USB760 (until 4G comes) ?

O.K.   Good luck.

0 Likes
Swingray60

I am going to try to force the issue. What else can I do I took the upgrade under my New contract and I am stuck 2 more years so I want them to deliver reliable 3G service as advertised and as I had before without a hitch.

Thanks,

Hank

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

You could pay $175.00, walk away, and consider it a lesson learned. That is the very sad answers I hate to give. 

0 Likes
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not sure if it's worth the buck-seventy-five to walk away from 4G, especially when you can use either 3G/4G on a 4G plan (for no extra money) and be ready as soon as 4G is available in their area.  I'd try exchanging your UML and see if that helps, if you are indeed running the most recent (which is prety old) VZAM.  Also, is this issue repeatable on multiple computers (note, I said computers, not routers)?

0 Likes