UNLIMITED DATA PLANS! PLEASE BRING IT BACK VERIZON TO EVERYONE!
Jeremy27886
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think Verizon should bring back the Unlimited Data Plans because, many students uses so much Data for Videos for their homework and Videos takes up so much Data and there is no way an average family can afford to pay over $100 for a 20GB more Data plan and I think it would nice of Verizon if they would bring back the Unlimited Data Plan around $59/month at least because there are some people that need it for their homes. If you would also offer Unlimited Data Plan to the Mifi service, this would be a big competition with DSL and Cable providers for home internet. When families uses so much Data for Netflix or Rhapsody and Crackle, it takes so much Data and it is important for families to have Unlimited Data Usage for this entertainment. Verizon, I am going to say this, people like me does not like to be limited on how much we use the Internet. I am thankful even on my phone I have the Grandfather Unlimited Data Plan but if you ever take it away from me, I will leave Verizon and switch to Straight Talk. I have many friends I can tell and stir up some stuff with Verizon if this ever happens to me because, my Unlimited Data Plan means so much to me, the only reason I am bringing this up, to help other people who needs it too. I think Verizon has the best Coverage of all than any other provider but all I am asking is, do not take my Unlimited Data Plan from me and please bring it back for other people who needs it. Thanks so much time your time and support. Verizon Wireless Customers, please leave comments, I would love to hear your comments and thanks and have a Great Day!  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: UNLIMITED DATA PLANS! PLEASE BRING IT BACK VERIZON TO EVERYONE!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, but my comment is that this topic has been discussed already and the situation hasn't changed much since the unlimited data plan went away.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jeremy27886
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well people like me are still fighting for Unlimited Data and we do not want to be limited on how much we use our Internet!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can always go to the one carrier that still has the unlimited data plan. However they might not have it forever either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jeremy27886
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is companies controlling us on how much data we use? This is not right and how are we going to use Netflix? The Government needs to stop this data capping because we need unlimited data use for our entertainment. I am still going to fight this battle until it ends. Every-time I call Verizon Wireless bug them about this because I think Unlimited Data should stay and we have the right to our opinions.  

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Actually, Verizon is NOT controlling how much data you can use. You are able to use as much as you choose.

The only thing that has changed is how you pay for that data.

When unlimited data was first introduced, I don't think 3G speeds were even available and the price for unlimited data was determined by how much data THAT level of device could consume and the price has not risen since, even though the amount of data a device could consume has increased exponentially. Now with 4G speeds available on the majority of devices and in a growing area of the country, Verizon has decided to bring the cost of data up to the amount needed to sustain the network.

Considering that the amount of data a device can consume today is 20 to 30 times higher than what it was when unlimited data was first introduced, the price Verizon would have to charge to make this available would most likely be higher than what you would be willing to pay.

And it also is not very compelling when the reason you list is so that you can get your "entertainment".

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use as much data as you want. You will need to pay for the privilege. Why should you get to use 100 GB per month for the same price as someone who uses 2 GB per month.

0 Likes
Jeremy27886
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think Verizon Wireless still should offer a Unlimited Data Plan for people that uses alot of Data. There are people that uses Youtube and NETFLIX alot so this why Unlimited Data is needs for these purposes. I even heard that Cable and DSL companies are planning on controlling us of how much Data we use too and this is not right, how they except college students like me to view class videos because, Videos uses so much Data. Just going on Youtube, I can use over 10GB of Data Usage and there is no way I can be able to afford $100 or more for internet usage. This needs to be stopped and we need our Unlimited Data Plan backs for everyone. I am happy right now that I still have my Unlimited Data Plan but I am trying to help other people because, I do care. Let me just add this too, everyone is not rich and we need unlimited data plans that people can afford and the only people that can pay $100 or more have to be making really good money and that is not fair. There are too many fixed income families who are trying to do better with internet usage for school work that uses online videos and there are many students like me that even uses Netflix for school videos that our professors has told us to do. This is why we need unlimited usage of the Internet. Verizon please Understand how much this means to people like me. Please bring Unlimited Data back and Thanks!

rcschnoor
Legend

There are also other ways to access the internet and not all students have smartphones.

While most colleges require a computer for their classes(or at least highly recommend it), I don't think the same can be said for smartphones. Use your computer for this data usage while utilizing the resources provided by the college such as the library and wifi. A smartphone is a LUXURY YOU choose to have. There are OTHER ways if YOU MUST use this much data, but YOU may have to be resourceful.

notarep
Contributor - Level 3

Why are fixed income families on the most expensive carrier? Let alone owning smartphones.

I don't agree with tiered data either way. I wish they would do like a flat cap of 10gb for x amount of dollars and if you go over that, then you pay more. Put a data cap that no one can realistically hit without absuing, i mean REALLY abusing the service.

There is a disadvantage to unlimited data though, the person who is streaming and downloading all day can ruin it for a whole bunch of people in that area. But hey, they don't care, as long as they get theirs right? On one end, we have the happy user paying 30 bucks a month and doing like 200gb per month, while everyone else in the area has to suffer with sub par speeds because of this one individual.

Normal counter arguments is that the premiums are high, ceo gave him self a raise, vz is in the big profits, unlimited means unlimited no matter what, and a couple others I forget. They're valid points, and i do agree that the ceo could take some of his yearly earnings and put some of it back in the network. At the same time though, aren't projects like building cell towers done on a contract basis normally? So even if he is making ridiculous bank, it would be a moot point if he had already paid for the work to be done to the network.

Government isn't gonna do squat because it's each and every company's right to structure their plans how they wish and charge however much they wish.

Again, complaining doesn't do anything. Disconnect.