USB551l firmware update
radar1234

Back in Sept. I upgraded to a 551modem. For about a month after I got it I was having a lot of problems with the device. Constant error messages, not getting connected to the internet, losing internet connection when I did happen to get connected. Recently I received a firmware update from verizon. Since the update I have been having much better success. Getting connected and staying connected with no more error messages. Has anyone else used the firmware update for their device and if so how has your device been working.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: USB551l firmware update
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm so glad your device is working better since the software update!

It seems as though it's doing exactly what the update was designed to do.

Enhancements Include:

+ Improved device reliability for Internet connectivity.

+ Improved device ability to handoff from 3G to 4G LTE networks.

+ Added support for future over the air (OTA) device updates.

+ Enhanced device stability and reliability after activation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dschroe

What is the new firmware version and where did you get it?

-Dan

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm so glad your device is working better since the software update!

It seems as though it's doing exactly what the update was designed to do.

Enhancements Include:

+ Improved device reliability for Internet connectivity.

+ Improved device ability to handoff from 3G to 4G LTE networks.

+ Added support for future over the air (OTA) device updates.

+ Enhanced device stability and reliability after activation.

0 Likes
radar1234

Itiscalled verizon wireless usb551l firmware update. It came up on a window when I opened up VZ manager one day. Maybe you can contact  verizon about the update, because the window just opened up when I launched VZ manager.

0 Likes
jmiller

I'm also a USB551L owner.  My issue is that when I attempt to update the firmware for my device using VZ Access Manager I eventually get a "timeout" error.  I've tried to update the firmware using both the 4G connection and a wifi connection with no luck. 

How can I resolve this problem?  I understand that new firmware for the device has been released that could address some of the issues I'm experiencing.

Thanks,

Jimmy

0 Likes
jweek

Jimmy-

what os are you using?  I had the same problem when trying to update my 551L on my mac using lion, but it worked fine using win7.

John

0 Likes
jmiller

I'm rocking OS X Lion but I can just as easily install VZ AM in Windows 7 and try the firmware update like that.  Thanks for the tip!  I'll report back in this thread with the results.

0 Likes
jmiller

I just updated the firmware successfully using Windows 7.  Thank you so much for the tip.  Brilliant.    

0 Likes
jweek

glad to help!

0 Likes
MyVer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because the connection with my 551L was so unstable I had to take it to my local Verizon store for the latest update. I've been using it for about two weeks now and I cannot report any improvement. The 551L remains an unstable piece of junk.

I cannot understand why Verizon continues to sell this product given all of the issues reported in the forums. When confronting customer service on the 551L issues they are politely mute.

<Duplicate content deleted per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator