Re: Unlimited Data... Seriously Verizon?
Tidbits
Legend

Read their FAQ it specifically tells you not all markets qualify and if you don't they will put you on a 10GB plan. So based on 3 out of 4 reps I talked to they said I would not qualify and the FAQ saying what it says. I have to assume it's not available on all markets and Hawaii isn't one of those markets. Just a small warning before someone moves and finds out they don't qualify lose their trade in phones if they had an EIP or contract, and then having to fit the bill on their own.

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, that mixed with the fact that you can't tether the data pretty much rules it out for me.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If they are going to have this network optimization clause of 22GB they shouldn't care if people tethered and should still offer unlimited data like Sprint and T-Mobile (they have similar unlimited network optimization clauses). Verizon on the other hand have no such clause due to block C purchase agreement so I can see Verizon's standpoint. If the other carriers purchase new spectrometry's and they have to follow the same rules soon enough all unlimited data will be gone and everything will be like Verizon. 600 spectrum is going to be the telling sign when that gets released at the auction on how the market is going to be played going forward.

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

I couldn't agree with you more there - didn't ever understand why tethering was a big deal with the throttling provision they have setup for 22GB per month. I believe Sprint and T-Mo's is 23 GB but your right, they don't care as much about tethering.

Oh well... I wish Verizon offered it or offered it bundled with a service like AT&T if need be but I can only dream. Even if they had it throttled like the other carriers (I get that they can't due to their block c purchase agreement) I would still consider it.

0 Likes