Re: Unlimited data grandfathered in?
Veneroso

I don't see why they would be so different.  Data is data. Especially since the 4g cards support 3g.

However, if there is a better option when verizon's 4g comes to my area, which probably won't be for 2 years, I'll switch to something else too.

Paying hundreds of dollars a month on overages isn't something I'm willing to accept.

If verizon offered DSL services to my residence I wouldn't even be using this service, let alone if cable was available.

Funniest thing I ever heard from a verizon repair tech was "Fios is coming to your area."  That was 2 years ago, yeah right. 

0 Likes
seldin

The answer is no.

I am also a long time user, with "unlimited data". However, after one day reaching over 5 gig, Verizon told me, this was "never really true".

Just repeating what was told to me...

0 Likes
caleb2011
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with sharon2971

I use more then 5gbs most months and since VZ would prob throttle my connection even if they did have a real unlimited connection, but i'll hold onto my grandfathered TRUE unlimited for my internet. It's sad VZ won't have a unlimited plan for 4g, i'd pay $100/mo for it, but oh well. Cable/Sprint here i come  😄  😄  

mdpearo

Reading through this thread is almost a mirror image to the one on AT&&T.  I had AT&T broadband (Unlimited) for over 5 years.  I recently got the notice of the 5Gb cap so after going several rounds with customer service, I canceled and came to Verizon because it seemed better since I'm in a 4G location and can get the 10GB plan.  AT&T only offers 5GB for $60 and overages are charged at $50/GB, but is advertised as $.05 per Mb.  Maybe that's supposed to make it appear cheaper to unknowing customers.  

So, if your looking for alternatives, dont waste your time checking AT&T. 

Melissa

0 Likes
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

they have an unlimited 3g plan its not being discontinued atleast as of now

0 Likes