Re: Unlimted 4G Package Would be $129 ($89+29+$10)!? And Sprint is $69 for the Same!?
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1

Like the previous people stated, 69.99 does not give you unlimited everything..  While it might be a bit cheaper, you're getting less coverage (current and future).  VZW voice/3G wins against Sprint, and so will LTE coverage/speeds.  WiMax is slow and probably will not develop nearly as fast.  Sprint has to deal with Clearwire and I'm sure they both have their own interests for where/when/what happens with WiMax.  VZW owns the entire 700mhz band for LTE and is building from the ground up, and will probably have the entire country on LTE with VoIP within 4-5 years.  Sprint has already mentioned that they will probably eventually go LTE, so why waste time on WiMax?  So they can slap 4G on their commercials and appease some customers for a few months until LTE passes them up and then blows them out of the water by the time Sprint catches up on the LTE end.

Personally, do what you want.  Money is a big issue for everyone.  You're paying more money for a reason and if you don't feel you're getting the best value, then leave.  Follow your best interests.  But to ask VZW to bring it's prices down on their superior product doesn't make sense at all.  Speculation is pretty pointless on the 4G prices at this point anyways.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimted 4G Package Would be $129 ($89+29+$10)!? And Sprint is $69 for the Same!?
ronineditor
Enthusiast - Level 2

So here's the deal... I just talked to Sprint and this is what their $69 plan covers;

450 "anytime" minutes as well as free minutes to non-Sprint phones 7p-7a and weekends

Unlimited text

Unlimited data

There is a $10 fee for Evo.

Verizon?

450 "anytime" minutes -- $39

Unlimited text and data -- $59 (new promo)

$10 (heavily rumored) fee for 4G (which isn't as fast as Sprint's at the moment, but will be faster later)

Total... $108

I don't mean to whine but, c'mon, $79 vs $108?  If Spring has to build their network, shouldn't THEY be the ones gouging their customers, picking up the slack from a lack of market? 

Is Verizon $29/month better!?  I love my service but I just wish they'd get more realistic with their rates... they have the largest marketbase and still charge the most?  Why?  With most business models, when you increase your customer base, you should eventually be able to start lowering fees... which entices more customers.  And people can't say, "Well, it's a superior product."  DirecTv is faaaaaar superior to Dish Network, yet, they are lower in price in most categories even though they dominate the dish market.

Just sayin'... let's not drink the Kool-Aid.  Verizon is great but they're exceptionally overpriced for what we get.      

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

I'm waiting for the moment you realize you're comparing Verizon's 3G prices to Sprint's 4G prices.  If you're upset now, that might break your brain.

(Verizon hasn't released 4G pricing yet.)

0 Likes
CdancinK

I started with T mobile stayed with them for years. Then was swayed away to Sprint's Simpley Everything plan. No matter how good the price is on a plan it's worth nothin if you can't get it most of the time. I bought outta my contract with Sprint and am now with Verizon. I did my research. They were always ranked tops in reliability. 2nd only to T Mobile in customeer service. I was tempted to go T Mobile they are a lot cheaper with no overage (a concern of mine) but a look at their formum will tell you there's lots of prob with mobile broadband not being available. Net search shows same. Some times you really do get what you pay for.... I'm happy. Verizon has took better care of me than I ever expected. Even did some trouble shooting and downloading for me 2 days in row on different computers. You  can't beat that and even with low signal I'm online here. Doin a Happy Dance....

0 Likes
willzzz88
Enthusiast - Level 3

You do understand that is takes $$$ to build out a network PROPERLY and with sufficient bandwidth? LTE 3GPP R8 has more bandwidth per sector than Sprint's WiMAX and VZW will be doing proper engineering to create sufficient bandwidth for the UE (User Equipment) or end-user devices. This means fiber back-haul at nearly all cell-sites.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

ronineditor wrote:

So here's the deal... I just talked to Sprint and this is what their $69 plan covers;

450 "anytime" minutes as well as free minutes to non-Sprint phones 7p-7a and weekends

Unlimited text

Unlimited data

There is a $10 fee for Evo.

Verizon?

450 "anytime" minutes -- $39

Unlimited text and data -- $59 (new promo)

$10 (heavily rumored) fee for 4G (which isn't as fast as Sprint's at the moment, but will be faster later)

Total... $108

I don't mean to whine but, c'mon, $79 vs $108?  If Spring has to build their network, shouldn't THEY be the ones gouging their customers, picking up the slack from a lack of market? 

I notice this posted twice on two different threads; both with incorrect facts, and neither has to do with 4g.  Looking at the the websites for Sprint and Verizon would help you accurately compare prices.  You are on Verizon's website now, are you not?  Hope this helps;

Monthly
Anytime Minutes:

The number of minutes you get for voice calls each month. You can use them to reach any number at any time.

450 minutes$59.99 monthly access
$0.45 Per-Minute Rate
After Allowance
900 minutes$79.99 monthly access
$0.40 Per-Minute Rate
After Allowance
Unlimited$89.99 monthly access
Add-on Features: Data (Web & Email) 

Includes Web, email and any other Internet use.

Pay per MB or monthly rate packages.
Pricing Options
Some devices require a data package
Plan Includes:

Introducing Friends & Family®.  Unlimited calling to and from any 5 numbers on any network in America, when you select a Nationwide Plan of 900 Anytime Minutes or higher. Learn More

• Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging
  • Unlimited calling to more than 80 million Verizon Wireless customers.
  • Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes
  • No Domestic Long Distance Charges
  • Data sent or received is $1.99/MB (unless data package selected or required). Learn More
  • Access to Mobile Web
$59.99/monthly access

Important Calling Plan Information 

A Smartphone data plan is $15 or $30.

0 Likes
Primus

Not to sound mean or anything, but if Verizon does has the larges number people then why do they charge the most.  Busines logic would say, if you are able to lower prices you do because you get more money when you get mor customers.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Sure sprint is cheaper.... thats is why instead of them MAKING MONEY they are LOSING money each year. Check out their website under the about us link. Check different news sources. They are going broke because they are giving the farm away. Whats a business good for if you are not making money? Im not sure whats keeping these guys afloat.. rumor has it that they may merge with another company or file for bankruptcy. and their netowork is not as good, as least not in my town.
0 Likes
mfreedog

id rather pat vzw knowing that i can get service anyplace i go in the us.

ive been to places where they were the only provider that had a signal.

You can use Sprint off VZW towers. All you have to do is purchase the free roaming so it don't cost you. 

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

mfreedog wrote:

id rather pat vzw knowing that i can get service anyplace i go in the us.

ive been to places where they were the only provider that had a signal.

You can use Sprint off VZW towers. All you have to do is purchase the free roaming so it don't cost you. 

Now there is a sales pitch if I ever heard one.  All you have to do is PURCHASE (for how much $20.00?) the FREE roaming so it don't cost you. {word filter avoidance}

0 Likes