Upgrading to 4g, SIM card question?
PapaSmurf

Ive tried researching this and cant find anything so hopefully this will save me a trip to the verizon store to talk to a rep. The family plan has an upgrade coming at the end of april, and the phone upgrade is on my bro's # but he used someone else earlier on in the year so ill be using his, now i know you can upgrade your phone using someone else's number within your plan and be fine but does this work the same way with the new 4G LTE phones seeing how theres a sim card now. EXP. Say i order the phone online, its under his number, i assume the sim card comes with your order, but is that SIM card already registered to recognize the other number being ordered online or how does this work? Would i have to do all this in store so they can set the SIM up to my number? Hope someone can answer my question so thanks in advanced.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading to 4g, SIM card question?
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your feed back and suggestion. Adding to what was said, the current 4G device we offer is the HTC Thunderbolt. I am sure in the near future that other 4G devices will become available. Anyone can sign up for email alerts to be informed when new products and devices become available. When the link is accessed, please look on the lower left hand side of the web page to a red sign up box. Once the box is clicked on, you can enter your email address. This is one of the best ways to being

informed when the new devices and products become available.

The link is: http://search.vzw.com/?market=53520&q=email+alerts&p=null&ss=null&b2eFlag=N

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PapaSmurf

all these views and really...no one knows anything???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Maybe no one knows. I have to port another number onto the line with my Tbolt yet. Not sure how that works either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PapaSmurf

Yeah I realize that i may have been a bit impatient on that reply. I usually never go into the store unless a friend has a problem with there phones so i usually do all my phone upgrades online, also being i dont live with the account holder(which is our grandmother for some odd freaking reason still...sigh) so usually we always had to have her there when we did upgrades. So i just wana avoid this happening but with no one really knowing anything looks like ill just have to head on down to the V store when i decide on what upcoming 4G phone i want.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Just use the Transfer upgrade option online and you should be good as this will allow you to activate it directly on your line. If you order it on his line and then activate it on his line first to accept the TOS, you'll need to get another sim card because that one will be tied to his number.  

0 Likes
PapaSmurf

sweet thanks for the reply, hopefully this does it. Im thinking about just going into the V store this once seeing how this will be the switch to 4G. My friend(A major GSM phone fanatic) said that if ordered online it should be unactivated and will need to be activated in the store. Still just dont know if its the same with Verizon.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your feed back and suggestion. Adding to what was said, the current 4G device we offer is the HTC Thunderbolt. I am sure in the near future that other 4G devices will become available. Anyone can sign up for email alerts to be informed when new products and devices become available. When the link is accessed, please look on the lower left hand side of the web page to a red sign up box. Once the box is clicked on, you can enter your email address. This is one of the best ways to being

informed when the new devices and products become available.

The link is: http://search.vzw.com/?market=53520&q=email+alerts&p=null&ss=null&b2eFlag=N

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The Samsung Droid Charge was officially announced today. It will be available on April 28, 2011

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Grothka
Contributor - Level 3
The sim cards are not pre-registered to a specific phone line... they get set up with a phone number during the initial programing of a phone, so just make sure that when the phone comes in you get it activated on the correct phone number before you put the sim card in the phone (can be done online, or by calling into customer service).
0 Likes