Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VL600 update
Chillerman

Well, I received an email saying I should update my LG usb and my performance would improve.  Since the flash update to my device, I no longer receive 4G signals in areas that I have previously, including my home.  So much for an improvement.  Now I only get 3G and it is slower than my previous device!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VL600 update
Neander
Novice

What's your location Chillerman?    Not that it makes much difference on a big scale, as we're hearing similar complaints pretty much nationally.     A few posters have noted that Verizon updates their 4G coverage map frequently, often to their disappointment.   I've found the map to be remarkably accurate, (I've gotta hand that to 'em).

When you look at it nationally,  the 4G areas look pitifully small;  So for all the Sound & Fury going on here it's probably no big deal outside urban areas.

I'm a little confused about difference between the 4G coverage area * and the 4G Extended ** coverage area?    Any experiences out there?

0 Likes
willzzz99
Novice

4G Extended ** coverage area basically means the 4G signal is weaker and VZW won't gurantee indoor coverage but you should get outdoor coverage. In this case your modem *may* in some instances switch to 3G if the 4G signal is weak. The disconnects have been fixed with the latest VZAccess version + firmware update on Windows.

0 Likes
Neander
Novice

Thanks Willzz for the Extended** clearification.  I'm moving to a boderline area and this gives me added info as to whether or not to plunk down a $100.00 for a boosted antenna

As for the firmware upgrades, I believe most of us did it a month ago at Toughbook's prompting

My VZWam say's I'm running the latest..  My Firmware Version is:   L0290VZWAC32F.216

If there's a newer version than that, Please let us know.   I'm still having the slow speed and occasional disconnects (although it does seem to be improving)

I spoke too soon.  Just disconnected.  Signal came back on at a strong -75 dbm. and danced down from there.   I swear Earnestine is running things.

I'm going to try Elkhornsun's fix.    If it increases my input by 400% I'm going to scream it from the heavens.

0 Likes