VW Network extension
tchapman001

I have moved to a rural area that shows on the coverage map that I would have 4G LTE service here but I can get no cell phone signal at my house.  Will VW provide a network extender or do I have to switch? My spouse has AT&T and has a good signal. I can do wifi calling but at least need a cell dignal as backup when the wifi goes down (frequent here) and I can use the cell phone as a personal hotspot until service gets restored. I would prefer not to switch providers because my cell phone plan is through my company's corporate agreement. I can switch but it is a difficult process. I would rather resolve this if I can.  I saw some posts about VW not providing network extenders, but they were old so I am wondering if this policy has changed.

0 Likes
Re: VW Network extension
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@tchapman001 wrote:

I have moved to a rural area that shows on the coverage map that I would have 4G LTE service here but I can get no cell phone signal at my house.  Will VW provide a network extender or do I have to switch? My spouse has AT&T and has a good signal. I can do wifi calling but at least need a cell dignal as backup when the wifi goes down (frequent here) and I can use the cell phone as a personal hotspot until service gets restored. I would prefer not to switch providers because my cell phone plan is through my company's corporate agreement. I can switch but it is a difficult process. I would rather resolve this if I can.  I saw some posts about VW not providing network extenders, but they were old so I am wondering if this policy has changed.

A network extender requires an internet connection, so if your WiFi goes down due to an internet connection issue, a network extender would go down as well. Network extenders are not free except in rare occasions, you'd have to check with Verizon support.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: VW Network extension
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a look into this with you, we want you to have the best service we can provide for the area. Please send us a Private Note. 

*Gen

0 Likes