VZAM UPdate For Pantech Just Released
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

For the remaining users it is now your turn. Please report any positives or negatives with the FW Upgrade.

Also, I have been told that they are going to be releasing, very soon in fact, a VZAM for the Android users that is 3D for Navigation. That should be pretty cool!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZAM UPdate For Pantech Just Released
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

I updated to the latest VZAM that was released last night and at 1st Windows could not load the pre configured drivers from VZAM. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it started doing a FW and Modem Upgrade that I have never seen before. They have defintley changed some things in this release. I would install the latest version if I was you.

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

toughbook,

Can you tell me what OS you're using?  I have XP, and, unfortunately, the update lists only Vista SP2 in the "XP/Vista" section of the downloads.

Thanks,

0 Likes
bigounce

Interesting - after I applied the update I have fewer bars showing. Same dB and SINR range -just fewer bars. This was testing at my office in Moore where I have great coverage. Before I connect it shows 4 bars but after it moves from 2 to 3 bars. Before I applied the update I would get 3 to 4 bars when connected. I will try to test it at my house where I have been having the most connection issues.

This is on an XPpro.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 Bit. You should be fine doing the Vista/XP. 

The bars is wierd, I was thinking that my bars were showing more yesterday? Although, I am not usually in one spot for very long. Always moving down the road.

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

The bars have to do with a math algorithm in the engineering and shouldn't directly correlate with real performance. You can get AWESOME performance with even 1-bar on LTE. As long as it's more stable, faster connections/disconnections and stable download/upload performance that's all you need to worry about. The bars is a fake marketing thing invented by marketing people in reality.

0 Likes
darrix1

Update completely messed up my install on Windows 7.  Driver wouldn't install for the modem; VZAM started trying to connect to my Bluetooth connection.   Happily, I've been able to reinstall previous version.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

Did you unplug, then plug it back in? Also, make sure you have it set to get updates.

Mine did the same thing. 

Uninstall your current VZAM, install the latest VZAM. Plug in your modem and don't do anything. Let Windows detect the device, load the drivers and then when that is done hit Detect Device. See what happens, but be patient with it. If it doesn't work properly, unplug it, plug it back in. This is exactly what I did and it performed the FW update like it supposed to. Remember, windows has to do it's thing 1st, then VZAM.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Does this update resolve all the problems with 4G? Are you able to automatically switch back and forth from 4G to 3G to 4G as you drive around?
0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

It does a much better job than before, I know that for a fact.

Basically, as with any computer hardware or software it is always, 99% of the time best to have the latest FW installed. It does alot of behind the scenes changes that we are not even aware of. Think of your Video card for your computer. Wouldn't you always want the latest driver installed? Sometimes they do have bugs in them, but it is usually not that way for the most part.

0 Likes