VZAM Update!
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

That's only if you have the LG brand. I surley hope the Pantech owners get an update as well. The 15 minutes of trying to connect must go on I guess.

PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR RESULTS IF YOU PERFORM THE UPDATE. WHETHER OSITIVE OR NEGATIVE, WE ALL NEED TO KNOW.

The new Version is 7.6.3 {2642}

Please Verion, I know that you guys are working hard on a update for th Pantech, just work a little faster. LOL Thanks guys!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZAM Update!
DrDad

Shortly after acquiring LG VL600 I had notice for update for VZAM. Upon doing so was unable to connect. On advice of tech support uninstalled and reinstalled original (v 7.5.2.0) Connection works OK but I get a "SIM card failure". Having spent a large number of hours with tech support I am relectant to try again unless the udate has some special advantages. Any advice ?

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

I would do it in a heart beat! This is the fi that they have been working on or the handoff problem. I check everyday for the one for the Pantech model. Let us know how it works!

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

You need to fully reboot after the update. The update updates the APNs on the SIM card so the re-writing bug doesn't occur and fixes the EVDO rA and LTE transition I believe.

0 Likes
koalman1

Hi

I downloaded the latest update . No luck. Still says sim failure and can not sign on to VZ manager. I reloaded the old software and can get on but still says sim failurel

0 Likes
DonMannino

I just ran the updates, and am not so happy. Smiley Sad

It worked fine.  VZAM updated first, then when I plugged in the modem it was recognized properly, and the firmware update ran fine.  No rebooting needed in Windows 7.

Why not so happy? Before the update my upload speed (reported by Speakeasy) was 12Mbps.  I had tested it twice just an hour before the update.

After the update, upload speed is under 5Mbps.

Ok, this is not the end of the world.  Skype still works fine and all.  But it's never a pleasant thing to have performance lowered in an update.

Download speeds are still good, right at 20Mbps.

Don Mannino

Thinkpad T60p

Windows 7

Pantech 4g LTE modem

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

That has nothing to do with the update. Just more equal bandwidth sharing in the 20MHz shared channel as MORE USERS ARE USING THE NETWORK. The upload:download ratio is still 1:4 I believe so that's about right.

0 Likes