VZAccess Manager for MiFi4510L?
mfa

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.  I can't get on My Verizon without them sending me a temp password in a text message.  I have a MiFi4510L, not a phone.  Customer Service says I need to use VZAccess Manager to be able to  read the text message.  I cannot find a version of VZAccess Manager that supports the 4510L.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZAccess Manager for MiFi4510L?
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

That's correct our chat team would not have access to demo accounts but there is a special department can. My apologies for mentioning VZ Access Manager as an option. There's no mention if or when it will be supported in the future. So for demo lines, the only option would be to call #DATA from a VZW phone or 800-922-0204 at least until the trial period is over. You then can talk to the customer service that's handling your demo line about other possible options. Call the 800# then enter your MiFi's wireless number to be routed directly to them. We also have a great tool to help estimate your Mobile Broadband usage at www.verizonwireless.com/datacalculator

Glad I was able to help. Have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SparkedFire

VZAccess Manager is not compatible with the 4510L so you cannot recieve a text message.  My recommendation is you call Verizon support and have them mail you a password.  Do not trust the automated system.  Call them and tell them to mail one out to you.  This sucks and I complained about it so you just have to wait, like I still am.  The 4510L is a great device though.

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Or see if you can force them to create drivers for 4510 so it can be used through vzaccess manager and therefore can be tethered. 🙂  that would be great, would also be easiser to check usage as now you have to log into myverizon to check usage I beleive unless someone knows other way, if I go over due to this I will be one unhappy puppy....

0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for your responses. I understand where you all are coming from. When any device that is unable to receive text messages, you can still register. As SparkedFire mentioned the solution is to contact customer service to have your temporary password mailed to you within 5-7 days. You then can go back to www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon and complete the process. I helped answer a similar post about to register the Xoom tablet, click here 

deloswilbur, I have a couple of suggestions to help ease your mind about overages. In My Verizon, you can set up email and text alerts when your data usage reaches 50%-100%. Once you are signed in, click Parental Controls in the My Services menu > Data Usage Alerts. On the go, call 800-922-0204 from any phone or 611/#DATA, enter your wireless for your modem to hear data usage details.

Have a great day!

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for that tip Gina, that helps for the worrying about usage.  I will still be watching for the vzaccess control and drivers though! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Gina,

Do you know if it is possible to activate an MyVerizon account for an evaluation/trial MiFi 4510L?  I tried to work with Verizon Chat support on this issue but was turned away because I did not know what the phone number was for my MiFi.  Perhaps I wasn't asking the correct questions?

I wanted to check out the warning/alert messages that you mentioned to see if they could be administrated from our central office or not.

0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3
Hi John_Getzke, your MiFi device is activated with a wireless number to use our network just like a wireless phone. You wouldn't have known that unless you have a order receipt or bill.  You can find the wireless number assigned by doing the following:

• While on WiFi, open an internet browser and go to http://192.168.1.1

• Enter your password in the login field (default is the password found on the back of device under the battery cover ).

• Click Advanced > Diagnostics and look for Phone No.

When you say trial, are you one of the trial users from the Google IO conference?  If so, those lines are activated under a demo account for the trial purpose and you won't be able to complete My Verizon registration for your own login.  

If you are trialing during the 14 day return period, you can register once you follow the steps above to get your wireless number and go to www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon 

Either way, you can still monitor your data usage by calling 800-922-0204 or download VZ Access Manager at www.vzam.net
0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Gina,

Thank you for your feedback and steps.  It sounds like the MiFi that I have was assigned to me under a Demo account, although I did not recieve if from the Google IO conference.  The number that is displayed on my diagnostics page is the same as the one that was printed on a label on the outside of my packaging.  Verizon chat support told me that number was not in thier system so it must not be possible for me to register for a myVerizon account at this time.

I will download VZAM and try the 1 (800) number instead. 

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Going off the original posting in this thread there does not appear to be a version of VZAM that is compatible with the MiFi 4510L.   The VZAM  I downloaded is unable to detect the MiFi 4510.  There was not a classification for MiFi when VZAM prompts me to identify my device.

Gina, could you clarify which version of VZAM you intend for us to download if one is available?  By the looks of the matrix on the VZAM site the MiFi 4510L does not appear to be a supported device.  Perhaps an update is coming to correct that issue?

The only real option that I have now is to contact the 1(800) number.

0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

That's correct our chat team would not have access to demo accounts but there is a special department can. My apologies for mentioning VZ Access Manager as an option. There's no mention if or when it will be supported in the future. So for demo lines, the only option would be to call #DATA from a VZW phone or 800-922-0204 at least until the trial period is over. You then can talk to the customer service that's handling your demo line about other possible options. Call the 800# then enter your MiFi's wireless number to be routed directly to them. We also have a great tool to help estimate your Mobile Broadband usage at www.verizonwireless.com/datacalculator

Glad I was able to help. Have a great day!

0 Likes