Verizon 4G LTE 700 MHz Interference at Mexican Border San Diego
fredtheocelot
Enthusiast - Level 3

We're in San Diego and near the Mexico border and experiencing spotty cell service. How can we avoid the dropped calls, failure to connect, and spotty data service? And how far inland is cell service effected by interference from the new wireless operator in Mexico, Altan Redes? The company launched wireless service last month on 4G LTE 700 MHz the same frequency .Verizon 4G LTE uses.

We use wi-fi calling when we have access to wi-fi networks but what's the point of having a cell phone if your limited to using in it areas with w-fi coverage.

Re: Verizon 4G LTE 700 MHz Interference at Mexican Border San Diego
Jack_Sprat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue and do believe that Verizon's claim of being the most reliable network is no longer valid.  The type of service I have been receiving for the past month certainly calls for some sort of massive discount since my phone works less and less.

What is Verizon trying to do to fix this problem?  

m541366
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue El Paso Texas, border city...

I live in El Paso Texas, a borderland City.  

The frustration is that Mexico put up towers at multiple new sites creating the interference, with the Verizon US tower.  El Pasosns are frustrated, but because the Verizon Director of Communications, Steve Van Dinter, said they were working with the FCC fits resolution. KFOX TV, Wednesday, August 21, 2019.  Story by David Cross.

This has been going on since before August 21, 2019.  I have no 3g our 4g, I barely have one bar that I'm working with and sometimes more often then not, NO SERVICE!  I live North of I10, closer to our International Airport than the Border.

My bill is almost $200.00 per month.  I only agreed to that because Verizon was that very best, with coverage everywhere!  Now they are not even close to PCS or Cricket in El Paso.  And, my son just upgraded his cellphone and owes on it, so we can't just drop our service.

Verizon provided me a ticket number to escalate my situation, this is the first message I received.

"Free Verizon Msg: Your ticket is assigned and being worked. Thank you for your patience. Next update within 24hrs."

2nd message

Free Verizon Msg: The review of your reported service issue is complete. Please click the link to see more details http://vzw.com/signalNE

A video so that I can get a box to better my signal.  First of all that does not help my situation in my car, because my car does not have WiFi!!! At home it will not work for me because you have to have a high speed internet and other major pieces, 

Thus is all a bandaid fix!!!  Not acceptable!!!!  If I were late on my payment, I bet Verizon would drop my family in a secon!!!!

This is all while, I continue to receive promotional upgrades to our phones.  So why would I upgrade from a 7plus to the X or better, if I can't even use the 200.00 service I'm already paying for?

We need to can keep talking about this interference so that Verizon doesn't forget that we need a fix to our issue.

0 Likes
m541366
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you, I agree!!!

same issue!!

I live in El Paso Texas, a borderland City.  

The frustration is that Mexico put up towers at multiple new sites creating the interference, with the Verizon US tower.  El Pasosns are frustrated, but because the Verizon Director of Communications, Steve Van Dinter, said they were working with the FCC fits resolution. KFOX TV, Wednesday, August 21, 2019.  Story by David Cross.

This has been going on since before August 21, 2019.  I have no 3g our 4g, I barely have one bar that I'm working with and sometimes more often then not, NO SERVICE!  I live North of I10, closer to our International Airport than the Border.

My bill is almost $200.00 per month.  I only agreed to that because Verizon was that very best, with coverage everywhere!  Now they are not even close to PCS or Cricket in El Paso.  And, my son just upgraded his cellphone and owes on it, so we can't just drop our service.

Verizon provided me a ticket number to escalate my situation, this is the first message I received.

"Free Verizon Msg: Your ticket is assigned and being worked. Thank you for your patience. Next update within 24hrs."

2nd message

Free Verizon Msg: The review of your reported service issue is complete. Please click the link to see more details http://vzw.com/signalNE

A video so that I can get a box to better my signal.  First of all that does not help my situation in my car, because my car does not have WiFi!!! At home it will not work for me because you have to have a high speed internet and other major pieces, 

Thus is all a bandaid fix!!!  Not acceptable!!!!  If I were late on my payment, I bet Verizon would drop my family in a secon!!!!

This is all while, I continue to receive promotional upgrades to our phones.  So why would I upgrade from a 7plus to the X or better, if I can't even use the 200.00 service I'm already paying for?

Verizon step up!! You need to make this right for El Paso Texas, your customers!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Jack_Sprat. It's important to stay connected, so I understand your concern when you have signal issues. A wireless operator in Mexico, Altan, launched service along the border recently in the same spectrum band as Verizon. This is causing interference for some of our wireless customers - especially those closest to the border.We are working with the FCC, the Mexican Government and Altan to resolve this issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, we have added capacity to our network to minimize the impact to our customers. Does this provide clarity?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
fredtheocelot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tracy and VZW do you have any updates? This issue has been going on since at least August, and it's already October. Who is VZW working with at the FCC, Mexican government, and other U.S. agencies? Is VZW in direct contact with the Mexican government and the equivalent of the FCC in Mexico? And with Atlan stating that it's an intergovernmental issue and not one to be settled by cellular network providers what are your next steps in resolving the issue?

VZW says Mexican wireless phone provider, Altan, launched service along the border same spectrum band as Verizon (4G LTE 700 MHz) causing interference and that they are working with the FCC, the Mexican Government, and Altan to resolve this issue. However, Altán officials, have said they are deploying and operating its network in strict compliance with the obligations of its (Mexican) concession and the radiation protocols in force with the United States and the issue is one to be settled by government agencies, and not by cellular network providers.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@fredtheocelot  use @vzw_customer_support  and @tracyb_vzw  to get their attention.  Anything else is hit or miss whether they will see the post.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
ts161

I'm in Oregon  and having trouble doing anything on my phone. I'm a sports coach and need to be able to contact my team plus my family. I think the problem is expanding to beyond those near Mexico. Everyone at my school who has verizon can't do anything.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ts161  , There is one report of a Verizon outage in Oregon 5 hours ago on https://downdetector.com/status/verizon/

If it were related to the Mexico issue I would think there would be a LOT more reports/complaints up the coast.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
fredtheocelot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tracy and VZW do you have any updates? @vzw_customer_support @tracyb_vzw

@verizonmoderator1 @verizonmoderator2 @verizonmoderator3

@

0 Likes