Re: Verizon 4G LTE 700 MHz Interference at Mexican Border San Diego
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Service concerns are not what we want for you as we understand how the importance of communication. Let's see what we can do. What's a zip code associated with the problem area? How far do you have to travel for services to improve? Provide us with specific details about your experience with calls, texts, and data.

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fredtheocelot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, Corey. Service drops when making calls or shortly after they connect, incoming calls go to voicemail without ringing, and data is spotty or nonexistent. For zip codes please check 92119, 92120, 92115, 92103, 92154, and 92173. Or look at Interstate 8 and Interstate 805, Interstate 8 and Interstate 163, Interstate 5 and State Route 905, and State Route 94 and State Route 905.

The problem is not being able to make or receive calls or use data service unless the phone is connected to wi-fi. Unless we're at home, work, or at other locations with good wi-fi phones work about as well as trying to make a phone call with a banana. Except the banana works better than our Verizon cell phone and makes a nutritious snack.

Signal strength ranges from  -118dBm 22 asu to  -112dBm 28 asu.

The problem has been going on since August, and it's now October. Do we need to find a company like T Mobile that's outside the 700 Mhz range? Everyone we've talked to a VZW says they don't have an update or expected resolution date and keep saying that they are working to resolve the issues.

fredtheocelot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Things that are workig better than VZW...

hand signal.jpgtelegraph.jpgrotary.jpgbanana phone.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fredtheocelot, we truly value your loyalty and we never want to see you go. Making sure you have reliable service is important. We do want to let you know that Altan, a wireless operator in Mexico, recently launched service along the border using the same spectrum band as Verizon. This is causing interference for some of our wireless customers -especially those closest to the US/Mexico border. This may impact Voice, SMS/MMS, and Data services. Our Network team is aware of the concern and is working on a fix to resolve this matter.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
1Momof5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also 92841, 90806. I've been having issues since end of July and I live in the Orange County area. I'm paying almost $200 for service I'm not even able to use. Dropped calls, and a lot of spotty data. Sometimes I give up on trying to use the internet on my phone. I've been with Verizon since 2006, and never had any issues up until end of July. I will be calling Verizon tomorrow to see about getting a credit to my account since I'm paying for a service I can't even use. 

fookoff96
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm near the Border also and i am 50 yards away from a verizon cell tower and every time around 1 AM in the morning my signal goes horribly wrong. during the day and throughout the night it is fine.. but from 1AM - 7AM its really bad... why is it specifically during that time? can you look into this Verizon? the Tower is off Alta Road, San Diego, CA 92158

fookoff96
Enthusiast - Level 2

how are you working on a fix? can you specify how that is going to happen? i'm 50 yards away from a Verizon Cell Tower and i've been having problems since August. Unless you are install 5 G near 92158? Basically from what i gathered is Mexico said go Pound sand we arent going to spend a lot of money for your problem, and Verizon cant do anything about it?

fookoff96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Signal Strength   

-123 dBm 53 ASU

fookoff96
Enthusiast - Level 2

on other great news Verizon Technical support just told me they are getting rid of 1x and 3g because it cost to much. and sometimes thats the only reception i get in San  Diego Because of the interferance with Mexico. So Basically Southern States are going to be messed up. You either have 4G or you dont have reception is what i was told. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sorry that you’re experiencing dropped calls and spotty data due to technical issues with service along the US / Mexico border, 1Momof5. We sincerely appreciate your patience while the work on a solution is ongoing. You posted this a couple days ago stating you would be calling us, and we would like to check in. Did you call? If so, what were the results of that call?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes