Verizon 4G Outage
alantgray

I, as well as many other people on other forums, have had no 4G for a week now.  Verizon hasn't fixed it or issued a statement regarding the outage.  Has anyone else had a problem with Verizon data over the past week and are you still without your 4G?  Don't you think we are owed an email or text regarding the state of the network and what they know so far?  Blackberry owned up to their switch failure, what's going on with our data network?  I see the giant billboards up everwhere selling Verizon 4G in Los Angeles, but I have none on my one month old Bionic.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon 4G Outage
acw2008

I agree!  I am so frustrated with not knowing what the problem is and paying for services that do not work!!!!  We have had very little 3G or 4G in the past few weeks.  I haven't had any network connection in 2 days!  Annoying!!

0 Likes
iwantmyLTE

So it's NOT just me in my 'marginal coverage area' like they keep telling me on a now weekly basis?!?!

My service is REALLY FAST 95% of the time, then it just craps out completely for a half-day or so.

I depend on my UML290 for my internet connection and my work but it seems like overall reliability is getting worse instead of better and they just keep telling me I'm in a marginal area. I admit I'm on the 'edge' of THEIR map but I happen to be on top of the hill with line-of-sight to their tower!!!  How does that signal vary so much? 

They have told me that sometimes the service will be impeded during peak periods but they ignore the fact that we're not talking 'slow'... we're talking NON-EXISTENT service for an hour or two or three or more at least once a week now.

And I have them create "trouble tickets" which they are supposed to communicate back to me with a status, but they never do.

My service was down 10/24 from 6am for 3 hours, 10/02 for half a day, 9/28 for a few hours, 09/01, 07/25... you get the idea!

The whole thing is complicated by the fact that the service isn't 'down' down... just not 'up'... VZAccess will connect and hold a connection indefinitely but the connection is ony functional for the first couple minutes before it just stops responding... if I force it to disconnect and re-connect I can go for a couple minutes again... and this keeps up for (lately) a few hours early in the day.

And it usually starts out seeing only 3G for the first couple of connect / re-connect sequences... then 4G shows up again but still requires the same connect / re-connect to keep functioning.

0 Likes
msb925

Yes, I believe there is something weird going on right now too and they have no idea what it is.  I bought a 4g MiFi device on Saturday and it only received a 4g signal for about 5 minutes and has never seen it since.  VZW support told me that it did connect to LTE 5 times as of yesterday, but I have only seen it once.  I know its not the coverage territory as I'm in the heart of downtown St. Louis with LTE coverage at least 5 miles in each direction of my house and work. 

I have a friend with a Thunderbolt who was able to access the 4g network yesterday, but he said it was slow and that it was a bit odd.  I took the device back to Best Buy and they swapped SIM cards as well as tried the SIM in 2 different devices and no 4g.  They also booted up a Droid charge and there was no 4g. 

I filed a support ticket and am waiting to hear back, but I have a feeling that I won't be hearing back any time soon.  I guess I'll have to take this back to Best buy and just return it.  I bought the device for access to the 4g network as I have access to free 3g through my phone.  This is a complete let down.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for sharing your concerns with your 4G service. I can definitely understand your frustration over not being able to access 4G for a whole week. Since you are all in different areas, with different devices, it would be difficult to determine what may be causing the issue. I am not showing any current 4G/LTE issues. If you are still having this issue, please contact our technical support team at 800-922-0204 option 3. That way we can do more troubleshooting and possibly submit a trouble ticket to our network team. 

0 Likes
briantoo

Just wondering whether anyone has troubled to respond to you, Marquia, since you posted this. Since I received the OTA firmware update, my Thunderbolt has really gone haywire in trying to connect to VZ's data service. I can't get 4G at all; and if I've been connected via WiFi, I can only get 3G by restarting the phone. Even then, things are iffy; it turns on and off frequently, and trying to "wake it up" by opening a browser or checking e-mail doesn't force a connection.

Any ideas? I know I'm kind of switching topics here, but I'm wondering if they're related.

Thanks.

Brian

0 Likes
kpsmln

I also have the Thunderbolt...at at 8am they decided to push a huge update...it restarted and I have 4G now...however, when  I went to check out the "update" under quick settings, the Mobile Network was checked, but under the description it said that it was off....its fixed now...try totally powering off the phone and then turn it back on...wait your 5 min for it to restart (lol) and hopefully it will recorrect itself.   I too have had shoddy 4G service...seems 3G was more reliable...but let see after this update...It is totally frustrating to be dependant on a level of service and barely receive it...I have been trying to keep a log of the on and off 4G....I am about to blow if it doesn't get fixed soon!  Good luck!

0 Likes
FLutterby68

I have the Pantech Breakout and two days ago, they forced me to do an update and I too can no longer access the internet without wifi.  No 4G.  No 3G. Just regular phone usage.  This phone is slow and crappy to begin with, I don't need this on top of it.

0 Likes
SCHOOLEY

I haven't had any 4G all day. It worked fine yesterday and now I only have wifi. Anyone know what's going on?

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

FLutterby68 wrote:

I have the Pantech Breakout and two days ago, they forced me to do an update and I too can no longer access the internet without wifi.  No 4G.  No 3G. Just regular phone usage.  This phone is slow and crappy to begin with, I don't need this on top of it.

Hello FLutterby68!

I don't want you to have a bad experience with your new phone, so I would like to help you regain your data connection!

Seems as though your device lost it's data connection after the update completed.  A simple solution to regaining the data connection would be to soft reset the device.  I would also suggest removing and reinserting the battery during the soft reset process.  Once the device is back up and running, ensure data and data roaming are both enabled.  Also ensure WiFi is disabled / turned off.

I trust this will resolve the issue with your data connection and internet access.

0 Likes