Verizon 4g speed and strenth problems
RANCHHAMMER

( i have a Verizon Mifi 7730L  zip code 73932   billing cycle restarted )  in the last 2 weeks my internet speed and strength has decreased down from excellent  performance down  to   81 pings ms  0.62mbps download and  0.60mbps upload. I'm fully aware about the 20gb cap witch i had gone over last billing cycle  but that still doesn't explain why my internet service is performing closer to 2g service then basic 4g service can anyone suggest what i need to do.     thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon 4g speed and strenth problems
BRAHER76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same. Dropped to 1-2 bars and .31 throttled 3G speed. After they sucked me in with the first two

mon after launch being amazing. Now I can barely use the internet and my cell reception has gone down.

0 Likes
KEVBED50

I have the same problem. The 4gLTE signal strength is good in some areas but the speeds are horrible. So glad I'm off contract and my devices are a couple months from being paid for. I've also started to notice signal strength is lower near my home where it wasn't before. Yes I did cycle my phone with no improvement. This network now sucks compared to what it used to be.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ranchhamer,

We never want to have you wondering where our service is. I want to make sure we set the proper expectations. With being on the unlimited plan once you have reached 10GB of data you will experience 3G speeds.

Your zip code checks out clear. You mentioned you experienced this last month due to usage. Have you had any service issues previous to last month? Anyone else having the same speed concerns?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RANCHHAMMER

I've only had the mifi 7730l for about a month and a half so my ability to give a reasonable assessment on its long term performance is rather limited 

0 Likes
RANCHHAMMER

if i bought  my mifi 7730l upfront with no contract how would i go about canceling service which i am seriously considering   because my old mifi 2200  got better signal strength and performance  then this [Removed] mifi 7730l has  has been getting 0.60 Mbps  is borderline between 3g and 2g service  ( 0.30 is max Mbps for 2g service -- min .0.30Mbps for 3g  )   .060 Mbps is not descent speed even for 3g service

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wouldn’t want to see you go, Ranchhammer. Let’s keep working together to address your concerns and keep you as a valued Verizon customer. Last post, we talked about the speed differences once you reach 10GB, has your usage reached this limit yet? If not, this will help point us in the right direction toward what’s going on with the speeds. Also is the slow speeds happening anywhere you go? Meaning have you tried to use it in multiple locations?

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RANCHHAMMER

1     had  to restart this message because i  no signal                                                                           2.    i have gone over the 10gb limit                                                                                                   3.    there is a tower less then 4 miles from me                                                                                    4.    i have been within 100 feet of that tower signals bars went from 2 up to 5  no noticeable difference in performance                                                                                                                     5.    i have tried mifi 7730l  in multiple locations  either performance stayed the same or performance got worse                                                                                                                                                 6.    download speeds have been between 23.8kb/s to 79.7kb/s                                                            7.    I'm  not asking for much just enough improvement in performance so that my TV basically  doesn't stutter when attempting to watch a show or the news

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time that you have to troubleshoot. I would like to review the account to run further diagnostics. I have sent you a Direct Message and will look forward to your reply!  YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEVBED50

Thanks the slow lte signal problem that I experienced the other day was located at a Lowes parking lot in Bellingham WA. I had 4 bars of lte signal but the speed was so slow I couldn't even download my emails. I have also experienced this in other places mostly over the last couple months. Seems like this trend started when you started offering your unlimited data plans.

Kevin Bedlington

0 Likes