Verizon Customer Service problem..... Always one more person to speak to
Superwarez

I have spent over 30 hours on 5 different computers trying to get my 4G service working and I finally have given up. I am in OC California and have full signal strength but keep getting a connection error that they can't fix. I just spent another 2 hours on the phone trying to get my money back which ended up with me yelling at the so called supervisor on the phone. What is wrong with companies why can't they just stand behind there products. I love the speed of the new 4G network when it was working and would have enjoyed the service but it won't work and I am tired of sending my nights on the phone with Technical support only to uninstall and reinstall the software and jump through  hoops that never work. Has anybody else experience the same type of craziness....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service problem..... Always one more person to speak to
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

Honestly, no.  I've been a Verizon customer for ten years (or so) now, and I can honestly say that I haven't had the same problems yet (and I sincerely hope I never do).

That aside, this is *kind of* a support forum.  Do you want to go into more depth about yoru problem, your hardware, etc and see if we might be able to help you?

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I am having the same time-consuming craziness right now too.  Email issues, connectivity issues.

I only have 9 more days to decide if this phone is sufficient for me and right now based on the inconsistencies and the lack of resolution and unwillingness to assume responsibility from Verizon, I will probably take this phone back and wait for the VW 4G and the 4G phones to mature.  I thought the android evolution was wobbly but this is much more so.  I am sorry that people come on here and call this kind of discussion "complaining" but sincerely, I think everybody on here wants a phone and technology that works at least to the advertised stats.  I have already spent 3 hours today working on this using a land line as well as a wireless connection to my laptop.  I went to the VW store yesterday and was there for 3 hours as well.  Each time I have to reenact the scenario that generates the "quirks".   I have Verizon because it does have the most coverage in places where I go.  Otherwise I would probably switch carriers just because this is not cost effective for me.  I have a pretty phone but it doesn't entirely work as advertised.  (BTW, if we don't express our concern about problem resolution, VW will NEVER change their customer support)  

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

My own saga:  I spent three hours today on the phone with AOL because Verizon said my probs were not with their product.  AOL said to take it up with Verizon and actually I think they are right.  Now back on the phone with Verizon and I am not sure this will resolve the case ever.  Now I have spent more than 9 hours trying to get this resolved because I kind of like this phone and just want this one stupid (but big) issue resolved.

0 Likes
Not applicable
I would not buy a 4G device until Verizon gets their 4G network working properly.
0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Long story short, got Verizon to have a 3 way call with tech support at HTC.  HTC knew about the issue and said that in all cases, the all secondary accounts from a given email service provider will not have full functionality.  So if yahoo is your primary email and you have a secondary yahoo email, that one won't have full functionality either.  They know this.  There was some discussion whether it was the Sense code or Android in general.  I never experienced this on my Moto Droid but it is broken now...

They suggested running secondary accounts through other 3rd party mail apps but then you have to check more places for email.

This being the case, I'm not sure whether the Sense and the HTC Thunderbolt are sufficient for me.  I wonder what other quirks are out there.  But that doesn't mean that the Moto Droids don't have the same issue if in fact it is in the Android logic and not in Sense. 

But all the Verizon people I interacted with today tried very hard and were very patient. 

0 Likes