Verizon MiFi streaming issue
joestack

We have a product that uses WiFi  to stream low-bitrate video and audio. It works fine through our Verizon  MiFi to LTE network here in NJ / NY area.
This same set up will not  work at a customer location in Hazelton, PA. Although the MiFi will work  fine with laptop computers connecting to the LTE (internet) using WiFi.
The  protocol is UDP for our streaming and the ports in use are 8765, 8888,  8889, 8890, 8891, 8892, 8893, 8894, 8895. Not all ports are in use at  all times - only one port is used for video and one port for audio, once  the connection is established.
The customer's own MiFi, different  account, different model, same service, will also not work in Hazelton,  PA, but WILL work in NJ.

Can anyone suggest a course of action. (?)

>> Duplicate post locked for cross-posting violations of the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

See Verizon MiFi streaming issue for original message <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon MiFi streaming issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Joestack,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems connecting your mifi in a specific location.  I wish I knew what product you were using so that I can provide exact steps to try.  In the meantime, since you said laptops and other devices are working fine; it appears its the device you are using. I would recommend power cycling the device and if possible deleting the wifi network and readding it. Let us know if this works.

Thanks,

BobbyS_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes