Verizon to start charging Turbo Charged speeds.(not very happy with this as a NEW customer)
Mannys2011
I don't think this is a good thing for the consumer at all.  Basically I see them limiting the normal speeds and will force consumers to pay more for what they should receive in their already expensive data plan.  I like the idea of getting a speed boost, but I see it lessening the normal quality of the overall product.
 You already should be receiving the highest speeds possible that why they charge you extra on your monthly plan for 4G..this stinks for consumers. Verizon i think this is a really bad move , not to mention greedy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon to start charging Turbo Charged speeds.(not very happy with this as a NEW customer)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Source, link, something?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon to start charging Turbo Charged speeds.(not very happy with this as a NEW customer)
jcag10
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

jcag10 wrote:
http://m.bgr.com/2011/11/03/verizon-to-offer-turbo-data-speed-boost-in-apps-for-a-price/

I see nothing wrong with it...  It makes sense really...  That's like paying the bouncer $$ to move to the front of the line at the clubs.  All you are doing is upping your priority during peak times vs. being in the same priority during the same time.

It has NOTHING to them "increasing" your base speeds like you are assuming.

I actually do this at home with my home network...  My Kids are set at a low priority while my 2 computers are setup high.  I always get better speeds than my kids do when I am at home.  If we were set at the same levels We'd both run at slower speeds.  ISP do the same thing and has always done this from the beginning... I don't see why people think differently...  Try home internet vs. a T1 or better connection.  T1 or better have higher priority than you run of the mill home internet.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I came to the same conclusion as Tidbits.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes