Very bad tower download speeds 9am - 11pm
jhughes_75

Zip code - 86040  Page, AZ

Been here for 5 days now.  Strong signal 4/5 bars, -92 to -96 dBm.  Checked a couple other spots around town and the results are the same. Sometimes another tower shows up in the list but is a very weak signal.

The download speeds during daytime work hours and the evening consistently range from 0.12 - 0.25 Mbps.  One morning I checked at 7am and it was over 4 Mbps but goes down quickly as people start getting going.  The upload speeds are anywhere from 6-9 Mbps.  Clearly there is some need for additional bandwidth here.  I have this phone for hotspot data to work, and those speeds are unusable.

0 Likes
Re: Very bad tower download speeds 9am - 11pm
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need for speed, jhughes_75. Especially, for work productivity. No issues have been reported in this area and we want to look into this further. To clarify, is this issue happening indoors or outdoors? Are other users experiencing the same issue?

-Gerson

0 Likes
Re: Very bad tower download speeds 9am - 11pm
jhughes_75

I tested it both inside and outside of the RV trailer.  The thin walls are not going to make much of a difference.  I did not know anyone else in the area.  Was not aware there was a store in town until very late in the week.

I have now moved over to zip code 84741.  Even stronger signal, but the same low download data rates.  0.10 - 0.40 Mbps.  Upload sometimes up to 5Mbps.

0 Likes