Very slow LTE speeds on my new iPhone 7!
ROBWAT18

just switched from AT&T, and am very disappointed with Verizon. is there a setting somewhere limiting my data speeds?  

Also, at home (78654) smack in the middle of a supposed strong LTE area according to the coverage map, it alternates between slow (1 - 2 Mbps) and 3G very slow data rates. Not what I expected after all Verizon's advertising.

Now sitting at O'hara in Chicago, data speeds vary from 0.2 Mbps to 50!  Difficult to get anything done with such inconsistent performance.

Grateful for for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very slow LTE speeds on my new iPhone 7!
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

Are you having the same issues as many others are having with LTE signal loss? You will likely see your phone's data go from LTE to 3G to 1x and maybe have to put it into airplane mode or restart get LTE back?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know you rely on the blazing fast connection to stay in touch with friends and family ROBWAY18. As O’Hare is a very busy area the service can degrade. Do you notice the slow data speeds everywhere you go? Is it happening indoors, outdoors or both?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ROBWAT18

Back home now.  Speeds are slightly better today (indoors, sunny outside:  inconsistent 2.5 to 10 Mbps down, 0.3 to 1.5 Mbps up).  BUT at least holding this slow LTE connection.

Perhaps I'm still getting used to Verizon & iPhone 7:  Not used to having to power off/on to connect to data and voice after getting off an airplane (never had to with iPhone 5s ).  Happened yesterday upon arrival in Austin.  Is this a flaw in the iPhone 7?   I've seen other such observations on the internet describing my situation exactly: iPhone 7 Problems: Verizon users report LTE outages | BGR    and suggesting the solution is turning off the Voice over LTE option.  Comments please.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBWAT18

We're glad to hear things have improved for you now that you're back home. Data speeds will vary due to a lot of factors, which include your location and the amount of traffic on the network etc. Are you experiencing trouble with a specific activity on your device?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes