Very slow data speeds in a specific town
KathyMoor

I live in a rural area and every time I am in a local town - Red Bud, IL 62278, the speeds are incredibly slow. Most times I try to load a webpage on my Android phone and it either times out or takes a very long time to load the page. I am including screenshots of 3 different speedtests I did today from my phone. Download speeds on one was .31 Mbps and one was .27 Mbps and a third was 515 Kbps. For the sake of comparison, I ran a speed test while in a different area in the St Louis, MO area the other day and have included that here as well. The speed there was 53.6 Mbps - zip code 63128.

Screenshot_20190301-160449.pngScreenshot_20190301-155943.pngScreenshot_20190301-160000.pngScreenshot_20190301-123159.png

0 Likes
Re: Very slow data speeds in a specific town
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KathyMoor

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your data speeds. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved quickly. Is the issue while indoors only, a specific location or everywhere you go in Red Bud (over a 10-mile radius)? What plan are you on, if unlimited which version (Go, Beyond, or Above)? Has this always been the experience when you have gone into that town?

EdwardL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KathyMoor

Thank you for  your response. The trouble happens anywhere within the town of Red Bud and apparently connected to either of the two towers within that town. I live in Ruma which is just 6 miles away. And even though I don't use mobile data at home, since I use my internet through wifi with my device, I have tested mobile data here at home and it is not slow like it is in Red Bud. We are on the 55+ Loyalty unlimited plan. These problems started when we moved our plan from a restricted data plan to the current one I just mentioned.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

probably congestion

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how it slower than expected speeds can cause concerns since you have changed your plan, KathyMoor. With the Verizon Unlimited 55+ plans, you will get unlimited data. When you are connected to a cell site that is congested, data may be temporarily prioritized behind other data traffic on that cell site. This assists with network management https://www.verizon.com/about/news/network-management-verizon-unlimited-explained. W

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
horizonracer
Enthusiast - Level 2

i live near mt pleasent ohio, the nearest tower is COLERAIN, OHIO.. being Verizon just refuse to do anything about, i use them for a backup, but i mostly use T-MOBILE, TMOBILE RETHOUGHT THEIR PLANS before deploying their 4g or 5g,, THEY operate on the vhf 600mhz and their service is excellant, VERIZON just refuse to use the lower FREQUENCY and they just plain terrible.... NO IFS OR BUTS... 600mhz just go further then the gigihertz does.. VERIZON just happens to be one of them... i don't need the details that VERIZON reps like to do, tell you to reset the fone this or that. AND YES VERIZON I am the TMOBILE SIM CARD IN a VERIZON ZTE 890L hotspot and works very well. 

I will not buy the verizon NEWER HOTSPOTS because VERIZON REMOVED the GSM PORTION so customers can't take the device to another carrier... 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes