Very slow speeds when I leave home area.
tomasasix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone is S21FE 5G and zip code is 47715.

Problem stated about month ago. When I leave home area (as the Verizon employee call it) my data speeds plummets to 0.5mb/s or less. I tried restart, network restart (Verizon employee on through my Verizon app), I did it in one of the affected areas. Replaced sim card, this helped (speed went up to 10-20mb/s), but only for few hours. I check health device (in my Verizon app) and connectivity issue was found: not in auto network selection.  When I click to fix it, mobile connection is set on auto. I was told that this issue is due to prioritizing, and rural area fluctuations. I'm getting steady speeds under 0.5mb/s from 6am till 3:30pm (roughly and that is not prioritizing, they are shutting me off). I never had a problem in those areas before. I don't stream, watch few short clips, mostly just watching stock prices and investing. Right now, I can't do that, because I'm looking at the spinning wheel waiting for app or website to lead. 

Also, about the same time 5G nationwide stated to show up on my phone occasionally in few spots. Problem is I have a 3 bars on 4GLTE, my phone drops to 1 bar, switch to 1 bar 5G, after about 30sec. back to 4GLTE, and back to normal. 

I'm tired of dealing with chat support and I'm ready to drop Verizon until they fix it. 

0 Likes
Re: Very slow speeds when I leave home area.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there! We never want our customers have to work through slow data speeds. Please join us in a Private Note for more assistance. 

*Adrian

0 Likes
tomasasix
Enthusiast - Level 3

I already DM with Verizon 9 times. Still waiting for the fix. I don't know what private note is. 

0 Likes
tomasasix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, I never used private note, but I think it's when you click on their name and little menu pop up. 

Screenshot_20230327_181346_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, tomasasix! Thank you for reaching out to us! I see you have concerns about your service. Please DM me, so I can further assist you! 

>Roy

0 Likes
tomasasix
Enthusiast - Level 3

11 private chats, 27 hours wasted. Still waiting for solution. Should I go for more private chats?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,Tomasasix!
I'm worried to read this. I will do my best to properly assist you.
Please, PN me in order to do it.

>Luis

0 Likes