Vzaccess Manager auto-connect switch question
nsaid

I have a Pantech UML290 and Novatel 551L USB modems.  I'm having issues with VZaccess manager auto-connecting to my preferred Wi-Fi network when it is available.  I believe I have the settings correct under preferences but still cannot get it to work.

VZaccess manager is showing both as connected in the window but when I go to a website to check what the ip address is, I get the IP address for the Verizon USB modem.  I can never get the IP address of the Wi-Fi network.  

What I would like to happen is if there is a Wi-Fi connection available to switch from the USB modem and start using Wi-Fi.  If Wi-Fi is out of range to connect to the Verizon USB modem automatically.  Can VZaccess Manager do this and handle hand-offs to other network adapters?  If not, is there a solution out there that would accomplish this?

Here is how I have VZaccess setup up under preferences

1. Device connection preference = LAN Adapter - Auto-connect

2. Auto connect Wi-Fi is checked

3. Auto connect precedence = Wi-Fi first than WWLAN

4. Automatically switch from WWLAN to Wi-Fi

Under Wi-Fi in preferences

1. I'm using my built-in Wireless adapter 

2. Under preferred networks, my Wi-Fi router is the only connection listed.

Any help would be apprecited.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Vzaccess Manager auto-connect switch question
nsaid

Well I set both devices to lock into 3G only and it appears to do the auto connect fine.  Is there an issue with VZaccess Manager on 4G??  Is there a bug in the software or is this some type of limitation with LTE?

0 Likes