Website blocked only with Verizon LTE (mobile network)
neohumanity

Hello,

My website https://niazuddin.com cannot be accessed at all ONLY from Verizon LTE network.

I can access it via WiFi on exactly the same device, T-mobile, AT&T...

Domain registered with GoDaddy, hosted on Siteground, NS pointed to CloudFlare.

I have a second domain with EXACTLY the same settings - https://fynart.com - This domain works without any problem.

I connected my PC to Verizon LTE over hotspot and tried to do a traceroute and pring - absolutely 0 results on traceroute.

Messages I'm getting with various browsers:

- niazuddin.com server IP address cannot be found ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

- Safari could not open the page because the server could not be reached

- A server with specified hostname cannot be found

Looking for any help regarding this, Siteground stated it's Verizon's fault, CloudFlare stated it's Verizon fault, GoDaddy stated it's Verizon fault.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Website blocked only with Verizon LTE (mobile network)
Cang_Household-w
Enthusiast - Level 3

I saw your post in the wireline community, so I followed to here to answer your question. This question is really a general networking question, I guess both communities can answer it.

For the first website, it is likely due to the DNS entries are not updated on the Verizon wireless network. Verizon relies on other layer 3 providers for some of the DNS resolutions, so the problem may not fall under Verizon's control.

Does your hosting provider use IPv4 or IPv6? I am wondering if that could be an issue too. Verizon consumer wireless is IPv6 exclusive, while the consumer Fios and copper are largely IPv4 and dual-stack. It could be a NAT-64 issue at Verizon layer 3 or some layer 3 peering issues.

I hope this helps.

neohumanity

Thank you so much for taking the time and getting back to me.

Yes, our website is accessible for IPv4 and IPv6 which can be checked with "dig AAAA niazuddin.com +short" command.

Both domains (fynart.com and niazuddin.com) Name Server's are pointed to Cloudflare and DNS is 100% propaginated.

As I said, both of our websites are on the same hosting with same DNS settings - one is working, one is not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our goal to do everything we can to assist you in any circumstances.  Based on the information that you provided, we would recommend contact the website host to see if this issue can be escalated with them to find out more options and information.  Once this is done, please notify us of the result.

0 Likes
Whitcole

This same issue is happening to me. My host is saying its a verizon issue. Please help!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes