Website says I have 4G in my area
Todd_KC

The home page for wireless has this at the bottom:

"Great News! We've just launched our 4G network in your area!" (I am logged in and it shows "Lees Summit, MO" at the top of the screen. Lees Summit is a Kansas City, MO suburb.

So I go to the 4G availability map, and it shows I do not have 4G.

Which screen is wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Website says I have 4G in my area
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have not seen an official press release stating that 4G LTE is available for the Kansas City area.

There is another user on here from KC that has reported having 4G LTE also. At this point, I would say that it seems to be in testing mode and nothing official.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Andreas601
Contributor - Level 1

Todd_KC wrote:

The home page for wireless has this at the bottom:

"Great News! We've just launched our 4G network in your area!" (I am logged in and it shows "Lees Summit, MO" at the top of the screen. Lees Summit is a Kansas City, MO suburb.

So I go to the 4G availability map, and it shows I do not have 4G.

Which screen is wrong?

Verizon's coverage maps seem to lag a little, especially the voice/3G maps. LTE coverage seems to get updated within a few days of LTE coverage officially launching. But if your area has "unofficially" launched, maps won't reflect that yet.

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

It's under active deployment for the NEXT LAUNCH PHASE.

BTW Verizon LTE is available in Sprint's corporate campus (world HQ) and that corporate cluster building.

Very funny, Verizon beats Sprint/Clearwire to LTE in their corporate campus! (that corporate office park!).

It's expanding out from there in Overland Park, KS to the whole metro actively.

0 Likes