What happened to my 4G?
neonghost

I've had V for 6 years or so.  Until 3 years ago I stayed for the awesome support and great coverage.  2 years ago I stayed for the great coverage.  This year I'm not even getting the coverage anymore.

I have 3 4g devices on my plan.  And LG Revo, a Galaxay Nexus and an GS3.  All have the same issues in the same places, so it's not the phones.

I drive to California to visit family to visit family 3-6 times a year.  From Salt Lake City, through Las Vegas and LA and then to the Central Coast.  In the past (as recently as Christmas 2012) I had great data connections 90% of that trip.  The 3 times I've made that trip since this spring I've had data maybe 25% of the way.  I couldn't even get a connection on the Strip in Vegas a month ago to find a hotel on my phone.

In the last 6 months I can't even get good data connection in SLC.  I work at the University of Utah.  I used to laugh at my coworkers who couldn't get a signal in the hospital when I always could.  No longer.  No where on campus has a good connection for data anymore.  Not at my home.  Not at my wife's work.  Not at the movies or restaurants.  Getting data is completely unreliable making the entire point of having a smart phone moot.

There is an upside.  I went from paying for 6-8 gig of data a month to the lowest setting for the shared plan.  Since I can't get connected to anything but WIFI there isn't any data getting used on my account.

I've got another 8 months on my contract with V.  If something doesn't drastically change I'm gone.  Why pay a premium for the same crappy service I can get anywhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What happened to my 4G?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having good coverage is important to us neonghost and we want you to get what you're paying for. I'm sorry you went from 90% of coverage to 25%. This not the type of experience we want you to have with us and we definitely don't want to lose you. Please provide the zipcode of your home and work. We can check for any area issues that have been reported. Lets try this step on all of the phones to help with connection (GS3) http://vz.to/18IEu61 , (Nexus) http://vz.to/17GStId , (Lg Revolution) http://vz.to/1ahdsax . We always recommend power cycling periodically. Keep us posted and I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
neonghost

My wife and I work in the 84108 zip, out home is in the 84047 zip.  The LG Revolution is in the 93455 zip.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming neonghost. No reported issues in these areas; however, some spots do appear to be in between towers. In addition, the areas you have referenced are all indoors. This appears to be a structure issue/specific location issue. How is the performance outside? How about other zip codes? Have you reported this to us previously via another support channel? Our control inside a building or structure is limited.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes