Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What kind of antenna for 3G on Verizon 4G LTE 4510L?
Farmer-Girl

I just upgraded from my old Pantech 175 aircard to the mifi 4510L.  We don't have 4G in the boonies where I live, but since we travel a fair amount, we opted for the 4G 4510.  What kind of antenna do we need to boost the 3G signal at home?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What kind of antenna for 3G on Verizon 4G LTE 4510L?
Cellguru3

There are several reputable antennas out there if you know what to look for.   They are usually known as "multiband" but be absolutely certain to check the specifications!  They need to operate in the 700, 800, and 1900 mHz bands.   Verizon may be deploying LTE in all of the frequency ranges. 

You can get find them at WPS or WirelessNWifi.com, make certain you get the proper adapter cable for the 4510L, it is a farly common adapter so there is no voodo there.

So far there are no boosters or amplifiers that work on the 700 mHz band, beware anyone advertising one that does.   The FCC may approve at least one before the end of the year.    

HTH

0 Likes
Re: What kind of antenna for 3G on Verizon 4G LTE 4510L?
pchelper

I use http://3gstore.com/product/1553_wilson_cellular_signalboost_with_cradle_amplifier_kit_for_mifi.html but I got from wps antennas. They had me put the included minimount antenna on a cookie sheet. The cradle with antenna got me from one bar to three and the cookie sheet up to four.     

0 Likes