When the heck will we ever get 4G?
runner1717

This is really frustrating! I've had a 4G phone for 18 months and we still don't have 4G in my town! I'm in York Nebraska which is a town of 10,000, 3 miles away from Interstate 80. We also have highway 81 run right through town which is the ONLY 4 lane North/South highway in the United State the stretches from Canada to Mexico! So we're at a pretty damn important crossroad. We don't have 4G within 45 miles of us. COME ON VERIZON!

We all run off 1 tower and with the population, 800 motel rooms, the Interstate and highway 81, 3G download speeds are down to 110kbs with upload around 150kbs. Not even usable anymore!

It's August 4th 2013. When will we be getting 4G service?

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When the heck will we ever get 4G?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know, but there has to be 4G LTE within 45 miles now.  The extended 4G LTE signal is almost in reach since David City and Osceola has it.  http://www.omaha.com/article/20130718/MONEY/130719366  Soon, maybe.

Screenshot_2013-08-04-21-59-34.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
runner1717

I appreciate the response Ann. Verizon needs to get busy on this! I've got a new Droid Maxx coming on the 20th. Would be nice for it to have 4G as my original Maxx never did......

Any Verizon reps on this forum that might have some solid information??

Mike

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reps wouldn't know when 4G is coming to an area anymore then you or I. They often learn it at the same time we do through the company press releases.

I purchased the Tbolt in April 2011 without knowing when or if my area would get 4G. Thankfully it did come in September of that year to some areas. I still have pockets myself where my phone doesn't connect to a 4G signal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes