Where are the 4G QWERTY phones?
dwayneindetroit

I am eager to get 4G service but there are no Verizon 4G phones with QWERTY keyboards for Verizon.  What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where are the 4G QWERTY phones?
Not applicable
What the heck is a 4G qwerty phone going to do that a 3G can't do?
0 Likes
dwayneindetroit

All the same stuff....faster.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Talk and text, I don't think so. Maybe you're talking about a smartphone??
0 Likes
Grothka
Contributor - Level 3
They are, they want a 4g phone with a physical keyboard. I honestly don't see the draw but whatever.
0 Likes
dwayneindetroit

I thought it was a given that I meant smart phone if looking for 4G....but, yes, an Android smart phone.

0 Likes
dwayneindetroit

The draw for the QWERTY keyboard is easier data entry.  I don't know if it's the size or shape of my thumbs but I get almost 50% keying errors when keying on screen.  I've try iPhone, LG and Samsung screens.  It just doesn't work well for me.

0 Likes
badbul

You need to put your thumbs on a diet ! :robotvery-happy:

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

dwayneindetroit wrote:

I am eager to get 4G service but there are no Verizon 4G phones with QWERTY keyboards for Verizon.  What gives?

I guess with only 1 4G phone out at this time you really only had a 50% chance of finding it with a QWERTY keyboard.  Ask this question when there are 10 or more 4G phones release on Verizon and maybe someone can give you an answer.

0 Likes
ZipTurtle
Contributor - Level 1

I guess with only 1 4G phone out at this time you really only had a 50% chance of finding it with a QWERTY keyboard.

Must be new math.... Where is the other 50%??

With only 1 4G handset, and that 1 not having a physical QWERTY keyboard means there are 0% that do have one or put the other way, 100% of the currently avaialble 4G handsets don't have QWERTY physical keyboards.

Using a virtual keyboard take a little practice, but I am much faster using that than a physical keyboard nowdays.  They key is to make sure you use the keyboard calibratation tool.  This adjusts the keyboard to your typing and makes it more accurate.  That along with the hints that popup as you type, gets most of the words right easily.

0 Likes