Where are the 4G WiFi hotspot devices (MiFi etc..)
ZipTurtle
Contributor - Level 1

So... been waiting since mid-December when they released the new LTE network for there to be a replacement MiFi like device that worked with LTE (what they now call 4G).... I see there are two products coming... but where are they?

Really need to get more speed than my existing MiFi 2200...  Plan on the 10GB plan but no news when it will be available.

Don't really care which brand.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where are the 4G WiFi hotspot devices (MiFi etc..)
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

Allow me to Google that for you...

0 Likes
ZipTurtle
Contributor - Level 1

WOW... how insightful.... are the rest of your 24 posts that good?

Like I said in my post, "I see there are two products coming", one from Samsung and one from Novatel, but there have been no announcements other than that with no real release dates other than vauge refernces which was what my post was about.

Your google crack doesn't answer that.  Most of the articles reference by google are reguritated old articles going back to Jan with no real new info about them.  Even if you filter by newest or last week, they are the same old articles.

0 Likes
RG1

I share your frustrations.  I want a mobile hotspot so that no mater what device I have with me.

I like having a good high speed internet connection.  My4g USB device is fine for my computer but doesn't do me any good with my iPad unless I use connectify to turn my computer into a wifi hotspot.  I don't want to run both just to use my iPad wirelessly. 

0 Likes
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

Zip,

Allow me to apologize, please.  I was in a bad mood last night, and, being a forum admin elsewhere, I get easily frustrated by questions like the one posted as they are usually posed by people too lazy to go out and run a quick search.

Simply put: there just isn't any information to be had right now.  Verizon said that there would be handsets and other devices available by around mid-2011, and has pretty much kept quiet, otherwise (save for the Thunderbolt fiasco with Best Buy).  As soon as any information is available, I'm sure that All Things Digital, CNET, MobileCrunch and the rest of them will be all over it (and I'm sure you can find more info here, too).

Again, I'm sorry for my admittedly non-helpful, {word filter avoidance} post.  There just really isn't anything here that isn't already out there.

0 Likes
DiscoDanny

I found this while searching the other day. Hopefully it comes soon.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+4G+Mobile+Hotspot+%28Verizon+Wireless%29/2035347.p?id=12183065...

0 Likes
DiscoDanny
0 Likes