Where the @#$% is the Bionic already?
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

My contract ran out this month and I have no reason to sit around and wait on Verizon to finally release this phone. They have given their customers NO reason to wait around either. They have not announced WHAT the changes are (am I sitting around for a 512MB phone with dual GHz or is it upped to 1GB and 1.2+Ghz?) nor have they given a time frame except "summer". Why should I wait on the Bionic when I can get the Atrix, EVO 3D, Photon, etc this month? Their silence is deafening.   

This is not a phone that had a "small" delay like the charge, it is one that has been delayed month after month. What are they waiting on? Where is any hope it will be released? IS Verizon trying to figure out how to stuff more bloatware onto the phone?

Verizon customer service has never been "great" but to think your customers are going to sit around and pray for the Verizon God's to deliver us a phone equal to one other carriers had 6 months ago is beyond ludicrous.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where the @#$% is the Bionic already?
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Gotta agree. Sprint and ATT have been releasing the cutting edge of 4G phones. The three 4G phones on Verizon are a joke. The HTC Thunderbolt comes preloaded with all kinds of crap that uses up half of the internal memory and has only 500MB of RAM. The Droid Charge has only 1 GB of internal memory. And the LG Revolution has Bing. Seriously? Bing? Who thought that was a good idea. If I wanted microsoft phone I would get a windows phone. None of them have a dual core processor. If Sprint extends their promotion to give you money if you switch to them mid contract I'm going to have to do that in July. My current Droid phone just can't handle what I need it for. I'm eligible for an early upgrade but I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars for a pathetic excuse of a 4G phone.

0 Likes
Casper72
Enthusiast - Level 3

AGREE TO THE WAITING AROUND!  I have been waiting for this phone to come o9ut. But htank you for letting me know about the other ones. I will check into them also. One reason i have been waiting though is cause I love HTC products so well and they come out with a new one every couple months so I was thinking of waiting to see what they come out with next if it does not come out sometime soon.

I will disagree with you on the Verizon customer service though. I think it is like with any business that you have people that care about their jobs and know about the products. I have found a few amazing reps that are probably the only reasons that I am still with Verizon. The last time was when the HTC Incredible was to come out and I was calling up to find out the true details of weather I had to switch from Alltel to Verizon or not. I had people in the stores and people at verizon telling me one day that I had to switch and the next they would say I did not have to switch. I had been out of contract for 5 months and was very distraught and had went to Sprint to see about switching. I called one last time to customer servi e and told the gal on the other end my situation and how mad I was currently at Verizon. She was very pleasant and took her time with me and explained the situation to me. She then was able to explain the Incredible  to me in detail. I purchased Incredible over the phone site unseen (I have NEVER done this before). I have loved it ever since. It has been just that....INCREDIBLE! I love the phone but love to have newer technology. Ok I will get off my soapbox now. But I still believe it comes down to the actual person you deal with in any business as to weather they care about their job or not.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

I always thought Sprint had the better HTC phones.

0 Likes
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

nte

0 Likes
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

My Droid X is still chugging along just fine (actually, it is the best phone I have ever owned), however, I live on my phone. I want the LTE speed, but why should I settle for the Thunderbolt (an upgraded HTC EVO 4G) running last years hardware? The Droid Charge, aside from its screen, is a joke. The Revolution...well Amazon just dropped its pricing as has Wirefly. I wonder why...maybe because it is old hardware, loaded with bloatware, and running BING (0 for 3 on that one VZW).

The HTC EVO 3D is ready to drop on June 24th (three days away) and VZW answer to it (the Bionic) is nowhere to be seen. Neither VZW nor Motorola seem to have a clue on how to communicate with customers.

Also, ever since VZW received the iPhone 4, they seem to have stopped caring about the Android products altogether. Perhaps they forgot that the Droid 1 was a HUGE success? Or perhaps they can only see themselves trying to outsell ATT in iPhones. Either way this leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and has actually started me shopping around for a new carrier who can provide and support the hardware/software I want. 

0 Likes