Why am I experiencing less and less 4G service?
TimLenahan

My 4G data speed has been dropping consistently declining for some time now. I was previously getting 8+ Mbps and I am currently at ~3. As a long time Verizon customer, I used to be able to say I never had any service issues, but now, I barely get 2 bars of 3G at the office, and never get the speed I would get even a year ago. I have not moved, and am currently using the Samsung Galaxy S 6. My last phone was the Samsung Galaxy S 4. Why is my 4G speed consistently getting slower and slower?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I experiencing less and less 4G service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TimLenahan,

I know that this would concern me just the same and we'd be happy to help. Where are you located or what is your zip code? Are you noticing the change in reception both indoors and outdoors? Have there been any other recent changes to the device such as new apps, app updates or software updates?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
TimLenahan

My zip code is 60108. I see no difference indoors or out. As far as recent changes, other than the progressive android updates, I have not had any major changes. This is not a sudden change, more of something that i have realized over the course of a couple of months. There was a Verizon tower located less than a mile from my home for the longest time, and now that tower is no longer a Verizon tower, or it is not listed as Verizon. It is very disappointing going from full service 90% of the time, now down to 1 or 2 bars 90% of the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TimLenahan-

Thank you for the details.  We don't have any reported outages for that area.  Does the service improve when you leave your home area?  Are other Verizon Wireless customers having this same issue?

EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
TimLenahan

The service improves at some locations. I am wondering if Verizon sold a number of towers in my area in the deal with American Tower. I still get service, just no where near the quality I received in the past.

0 Likes
TimLenahan

Also, all phones on my plan are experiencing the same issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Help is right here, front & center TimLenahan! Let's get your 4G service up and running properly. May I ask what zip code are you having issues in? Also, what devices do you have? As you share the details then we can look into your concern.

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
TimLenahan

I am in zip code 60108. I personally use a Samsung galaxy s 6. I also have

a galaxy s 5 and a note 3 on my plan which are all experiencing the same

issue. It does not matter if I am indoors or out. My service is extremely

low. Indoors, most of the time I have a couple of bars of 3g but sometimes

I have absolutely no service. Outdoors I generally get a maximum of 3 bars

of 4G.

On May 27, 2015 4:59 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the details TimLenahan. No issue reported in this area. I'm glad to read that the issue appears to be indoors. Are you having any voice issues? Have you had 4G service indoors in the past? The reason for asking is that service is not guaranteed indoors. If you can elaborate on your experience then we can continue to investigate.

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
TimLenahan

My problem is outdoors also. I have never had any issues with verizon

signal in my home. And the maximum of 3 bars while outdoors is 3 bars on a

rare occasion. My average speed is 3Mbps. Until recently I had 5 bars 95%

of the time regardless of being indoors or out. I can barely hold a phone

call and I can never browse the Web or play a game online using my phone

anymore.

On May 27, 2015 6:06 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes