Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Why does Verizon advertise no throttle for first responders when it’s a lie?
Coolbreeze1531
Enthusiast

Stop ThrottlingStop Throttling

Verizon’s data network is never consistent! I have only seen data speeds over 70 mbps approximately 5-6 times since switching! Sprint had 70 plus all the time and T-Mobile’s data speeds are way faster!!! 

At my residence with Verizon I might as well have snail 🐌mail service with the 1-5 mbps that I get in the evening after getting home from work. Funny thing is at 430 in the morning my data speeds are 40 mbps plus at the same residence that I see speeds of 1-5 mbps in the evening. 

Verizon tech support and staff cannot explain the reasons for the huge fluctuations and at best have suggested using my WiFi at home 🤔I don’t pay over $200 a month for cell phone service to use WiFi!!!! 

All first responders and general public looking for a great cellphone provider should look else where because Verizon does not have the best data network!!! 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does Verizon advertise no throttle for first responders when it’s a lie?
Coolbreeze1531
Enthusiast

18 minutes to update 4 apps 😱 I better get some cold air to cool my phone off because Verizon’s data speeds are burning my phone up 🤔 oh wait I was wrong their data speeds are more like 🐌 snail mail 🤬

Don’t buy into their hype Verizon’s 4g is slower than molasses in winter ❄️ time!

Sprint data speeds blew Verizon’ Out of the water!!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does Verizon advertise no throttle for first responders when it’s a lie?
bearone21
Legend

i'm surprised you haven't figured out that not too many folks are up at 430.

5-12mbps is about the best you'll get with verizon.

i'm also surprised you haven't figured out(had to be told) that wi-fi's going to be faster, unless you're paying for 10 meg internet service.

0 Likes
Coolbreeze1531
Enthusiast

Didn’t switch to what was suppose to be the best network to have to use WiFi. That’s not why I pay more money for my cellphone service either! 

0 Likes