Why don't I have 4G LTE service?
451Coronet
Enthusiast - Level 2

First I was constantly dropping to 3G now the icon just shows up as 4G LTE crossed out. It only shows up as 1 or 2 bars and can still text and (barely) make calls, but no internet access. Also unable to connect to MYVerizon via phone. This has been occurring for the past few weeks. I have plenty of data left and unlimited talk and text. This is in the Dayton, OH area 45424. What gives? Switched to Verizon from AT&T only 4 or 5 months ago and already running into issues.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No 4G LTE service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

451Coronet -

The Moto E is a great device that deserves to be connected to 4G. Is your device currently activated on Prepay or a Post pay account? Let's check a couple of things to make sure all settings are correct. Please go to Settings>Data usage. Please make sure that Cellular is On (Green) and Set cellular limit is Off (White). While on the same screen Tap on the 3 stacked up squares on the top ight hand side. Tap on Cellular networks. Now Tap on Global data roaming access and make sure Allow access for all trips is selected. Tap on Preffered network type and make sure LTE/CDMA is selected. Now turn off your Wi-Fi and power Off/On your device. Please let us know if issue persists.
JacV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello 451Coronet!

We'll definitely help you get your phone up and running again! I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues getting your phone to connect to 4G. We just need a bit more info. What make & model phone do you have? When did you begin having issues?

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
451Coronet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issues started three maybe 4 weeks now. As mentioned previously, first started dropping to 3G service, now just the crossed out 4GLTE symbol. Someone mentioned it may mean 2G, unsure and have not been able to confirm this.

It's a prepay Moto E.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to bring back service you can enjoy, 451Coronet.I did review coverage in this area and did not see any opportunities. Is this occurring throughout the zip code? Or, have you noticed that there are specific problem areas?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
451Coronet
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not know anyone using Verizon Wireless, so cannot be sure if it is common in my area. Attached a screenshot of my home screen. You can see the crossed out 4GLTE symbal top right. Strong WiFi connection is the only way I am able to get online. Phone is like this wherever I go, though more recently this morning it briefly changed to 1X. Still have service and am still able to make calls and text, just not on the 4G Network. Also unable to use internet unless on WiFi as previously stated.

Screenshot_2015-11-14-11-04-17.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

451Coronet -

The Moto E is a great device that deserves to be connected to 4G. Is your device currently activated on Prepay or a Post pay account? Let's check a couple of things to make sure all settings are correct. Please go to Settings>Data usage. Please make sure that Cellular is On (Green) and Set cellular limit is Off (White). While on the same screen Tap on the 3 stacked up squares on the top ight hand side. Tap on Cellular networks. Now Tap on Global data roaming access and make sure Allow access for all trips is selected. Tap on Preffered network type and make sure LTE/CDMA is selected. Now turn off your Wi-Fi and power Off/On your device. Please let us know if issue persists.
JacV_VZW

0 Likes
Zackmmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have iPhone 7 Plus

my sister have iPhone 8 plus

my mom had Verizon Samsung phone and now she has iPhone X and all of us got what this guy in 2015 posted for almost a year now!!!

0 Likes