Why has the coverage gotten so bad recently??
Aemtrwhite
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over the last few months the reception/coverage has become absolutely horrible. Where we used to have LTE all the time, or at least 90% of the time, now we never have LTE and often get 1x or "no service". Perfect example...my daughter has the same phone she had at the end of the school year last year...last year she had LTE coverage inside the school, today she has 1x most of the time and 3G if she's lucky. When I asked Verizon they claimed it was because we live in a spotty coverage area...but that doesn't explain why it's gotten worse! I'm tired of paying a fortune for terrible coverage.

Labels (1)
Re: Why has the coverage gotten so bad recently??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to be without service! What is your ZIP Code? What is the make and model of your device?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Aemtrwhite
Enthusiast - Level 1

Zip code 14470. I have an iPhone 7. However it's not just me. My entire family (with older iPhones) and my friends in town (with android phones) are all reporting terrible coverage that has gotten much worse recently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the ZIP code of the trouble area, Aemtrwhite. We are committed to improve your wireless experience, and we are ready to troubleshoot. We need some additional information. You indicated in your previous post that your daughter experiences service issues at school, and you also indicate that your entire family experiences coverage issues. Is everyone experiencing service issues indoors like your daughter? You indicate signal fluctuation, what specific service issues

My resources indicate that while we make every effort to provide you with the best wireless service possible, structural interference and several other factors can greatly impact radio signals and wireless service at any time (see more at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/ ). Structural interference and other factors outside of our control, prevent us from being able to guarantee indoor service.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jollysmith
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree!!! I am paying a mint for cruddy service. I am seriously thinking of a different company 

NALDYMAY
Enthusiast - Level 2

The reason I stayed with Verizon was because I NEVER ad issues with phone regardeless of where I was.  I have also noticed a downgrade in effectiveness vs an upgrade in cost of using Verizon

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NALDYMAY, we are stunned to see your coverage has recently gotten worse. Having good service is vital, especially to carry out your daily activities. We take pride in providing a world-class experience, especially when it comes to signal quality. What exactly happens when you try to use the service? When did the issue start? Any recent changes (New update, a new app, moved, etc)?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
chadnguyen

I'm stunned I'm still giving you guys money. I've been without service for 3 days. I'm guessing because Verizon didn't upgrade its hardware like the rest of ISPs and cell providers did.

Why were you prepared for this? 

https://www.zdnet.com/article/some-internet-outages-predicted-for-the-coming-month-as-768k-day-appro...

Everyone in my office that has Verizon has no service, while all my coworkers with AT&T or T-Mobile have no troubles.

I'm out Verizon, so long.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stop the moving van, chadnguyen. Nobody here wants you to leave. I completely understand why three days without service had led you to be looking elsewhere. Let’s turn this around. May I please have some additional detail? What city, state, and zip code are you and your colleagues without service located? What do you hear when placing a call? May I have the make and model of your device?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
LoyalGirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have experienced the same issue. I have been with Verizon for over 15 years because their service was the best. I could travel anywhere and have service while other people didn’t. I would recommend they move to Verizon. But the last few years, I would recommend anyone go to Verizon.  I agree the service has gotten worse and the prices are still high. I know you are trying to diagnose a certain zip code where you are having a problem But it’s  more than just one zip code. I live in 31006. However traveling from Atlanta to 31006 in Highway 19 through Thomaston GA I get “NO SERVICE”. And I too wish I could move to another provider. Once I find one that has better service I’m gone. Yes I have been loyal for over 15 years. But the service is not worth the price. If ok going to have terrible service might as well go to someone whose prices are Lower