Why has the coverage gotten so terrible recently??
PATK70

How about zip code 21727? We also have terrible coverage all of a sudden. Not that it ewa ever very good, but since our phones updated to Android 9, it's been horrific. The best part is there is a cell tower within a mile of my house! The phones are a Pixel and a Pixel XL

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why has the coverage gotten so terrible recently??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PATK70, I am sorry to hear you are having coverage issues in your area. I am here to assist. I did some research and I don't see any red flags in your area. Can you provide more information on the issues you are experiencing due to the coverage issues? Does this issue occur indoors or outdoors? Are you aware of other Verizon customers experiencing the same issue in this area? 

Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PATK70

Indoors and outdoors. It has never been great service in our area, but the data service is almost non-existent now. It seems to have occurred around the same time as the Android 9 update.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Likes
PATK70

I replied to your message days ago? Has there been any more research into this issue? Also, I'm now having problems with text messages being sent and received. Please provide answers. I really don't want to go through the pain of switching providers, but I need reliable service (and complete honesty)!

0 Likes
philnamy531
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also seeing severe coverage loss lately here in 09123. I'd say the last month in particular. I was thinking that it was my IPhone X (which I hate) , but thinking it might be the service now. until recently the coverage in my area has been Excellent. 4 bars of 4G LTE all the time. Now I'm lucky to get 2-3 bars, and even inside some stores or places I get 1X coverage with 1 bar! Where a month ago it was 3 bars.. What is going on? I've had Verizon for as long as I have had cellular service. 15-20 years now... YIKES.

0 Likes
philnamy531
Enthusiast - Level 1

sorry that's zip cove 01923.. East Coast

0 Likes