Why is Verizons 4g getting worse??
Cmunch62886
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is service/coverage in my area deteriorating. It used to be good but for the last 6 months it has slowly gotten worse and worse. I thought it was my phone so I got a new Samsung S9 same problems so 900 bucks for no reason. And I'm not talking about a little slowdown. I'm talking 5mb/s to now 10 kb/s a second all day every day now. What am I paying 140 month for? Garbage service?? I used to get people to switch to verizon in my area because it worked so good. Now I am making sure people don't. This is ridiculous.

Labels (1)
63 Replies
Nslsa66

Same issue in my rural area.  Started at 3 bars 7 years ago, and now I can't even make a phone call.  Directly tied to politics.  Verizon is an extremely liberal corporation.  They understand that the majority of conservatives live in rural areas, and thus, they have been given instructions to de-prioritize customers in these fringe areas (I've got the memo right here from a close friend and employee).  Switch to a different carrier.  How much faith can you have in a company that owns yahoo and supports their tabloid quality articles in the first place.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
DanboyF
Enthusiast - Level 1

My service had become unacceptable for my self and others in my community.  Verizon has definitely dropped/not resigned cell towers that service our heavily populated area.  attempts to contact Customer Service require patients, persistence and determination.  They have changed CS to an offshore type call center. Run arounds, and similar ways that indicate VW does not care and hopes customer will give up and just keep putting up with totally unsatisfactory service.  Locals who have AT&T and SPRINT have NO PROBLEMS. Calls dropping and service non existent in house calls drop; tech says use WiFi VOIP unacceptable. Medically unsafe as cannot make or receive emergency and needed medical calls.  Have written to Corporate Officer Ronan Dunne and submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and FCC.  Some smart guy thinks they can make more by cutting cost in cell coverage. If they don’t improve they lose REVENUE!  Customer since 1992. 

NYWELDER1

0 Likes
NYWELDER1

Sorry, but Big Brother Verizon and it's top brass crooks will never lose revenue.  Why? It's been the plan all along to kill high maintenance landline services, build a tower network with high profit cell service and products, then sell time on those towers to any fly-by-night company offering cell service.  You watch - soon Verizon will stop any contact with the public.  Then their brass will sit back in their comfy chairs stuffed with $100 bills, drink brandy, smoke the finest cigars and laugh at the peasants.

0 Likes
carlo_bos
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same in Island Park, ID. Zip 83429. Service used to be okay,  now it's none existent. Voice and text are working intermittent, but data is not working at all. This is both with my Samsung S10 5G as well as with my Jetpack hotspot, no service at all this year. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with service on those devices, carlo_bos. We know you rely on us for dependable coverage and we're determined to figure this out with you. What's the nearest cross streets to your location in zip code 83429? Do you know if other Verizon Wireless customers nearby to you are also having issues with service as well? Do the issues happen everywhere or primarily at certainly locations? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
mxhernandez
Enthusiast - Level 1

Coming out of Katy, TX mine is absolute trash as well. As soon as I moved from Sugar Land to Katy a year ago it got worse and then in the past 6-8 months it went from flu patient condition to pancreatic cancer patient condition. And the disease has spread. It’s just as bad going back to sugar land and I work in Houston in the city and it’s still sluggish. I honestly think they’re slowing down service intentionally to make way or the new 5g service to entice people to pay more for the 5g. Then once it’s release they’ll absolutely drop 4g dead in its tracks. Or make you buy a “booster” for your petty 4g in years to come. Service will go from the $140 we pay to $170+. Mark my words. AT&T never looked so good

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely not the experience we want you to have with your service. One of our main goals is to provide you with reliable service and we are here to help. Please tell us, are you experiencing issues indoors or outdoors? Do you know if other Verizon users are having the same problem in the area?

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
Eds650
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please check my past comments,  the same questions are being asked and answered repeatedly.

Just call me please!

0 Likes
Eds650
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree totally.  They DM me and stated a ticket has been opened and a good time to call, a week and a half later,  no call!

Kmit0824

My zip code is 90814. I also live part time in 91711. Inside, outside, doesn't matter. The service is always cruddy. 

0 Likes
Coolbreeze1531
Enthusiast - Level 2

525C4C07-523E-46F8-96E3-5BA319C19E41.gif

Verizon’s data network is never consistent! I have only seen data speeds over 70 mbps approximately 5-6 times since switching! Sprint had 70 plus all the time and T-Mobile’s data speeds are way faster!!! 

At my residence with Verizon I might as well have snail 🐌mail service with the 1-5 mbps that I get in the evening after getting home from work. Funny thing is at 430 in the morning my data speeds are 40 mbps plus at the same residence that I see speeds of 1-5 mbps in the evening. 

Verizon tech support and staff cannot explain the reasons for the huge fluctuations and at best have suggested using my WiFi at home 🤔I don’t pay over $200 a month for cell phone service to use WiFi!!!! 

All first responders and general public looking for a great cellphone provider should look else where because Verizon does not have the best data network!!! 

Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have 4G ,  and never ran out. All of sudden I ran out with 13 days left. Not doing anything different. Whats going on?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! Having a reliable 4G LTE signal is key. Let's get you back online. When did this begin? Can you explain exactly what's going on with your service? 

JosephT_VZW

0 Likes
Rkstewa32

I have the same issue in my area. Downloads take hours instead of minutes. Constant buffering of streaming videos. Zip code 39507

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rkstewa32, as someone who relies on fast data speeds, I know how inconvenient it is for you to experience slow data speeds, and we want to fix this. I thoroughly reviewed the area you are in and found no service issues or alerts to report. When did the issue begin? Are others having the same issue? What is the name of the plan you currently have?  JacobV_VZW

coltswalker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Coverage in my area south of Omaha Nebraskas has declined dramatically.  I have attempted to contact Verizon support to report the issue, however, after being on hold for a long duration the call was disconnected.  It seems like the rep hung up on me as soon as I started to explain the problem.

VerizonSux100
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon! You need to acknowledge that because of your 5G, you have to sacrifice the 4G network to build the 5G, many cities has a limitations on how many cell towers you can have thus you have to remove the old to build the new. However this make the service really terrible now.  On the other hand T-mobile are getting much much better in terms of receptions. 

mertlem
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Seattle and Verizon used to be the Best by far. I switched from AT&T because their reception was garbage. Now my Verizon service is almost just as bad. Dead spots in the middle of the largest city in the Northwest.

In fact, In the city of Burien which is just south of Seattle about 10 mins. the reception on the west side near the water is absolutely Zero. Whixh is insane due to how large the area is and Verizon refuses to ad a tower or anything. They simply hook up receivers to their WiFi so they can make calls. Ridiculous !

I expect something like this in some small town in Montana maybe but not in Seattle. And not to even a dress it at all ? 

But this is always what happens when a company is at the top for too long. They get used to profit taking and only respond when that market share dips and that is what is going to,happen in Seattle.

Im switching back to AT&T most likely. Depending on the deal