Why is Windows 8.1 causing my Verizon Mobile Broadband USB Pantech modem to auto connect/
mebpapa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is Windows 8.1 causing my Verizon Mobile Broadband USB Pantech modem to auto connect? If I turn it off in Windows Settings I can not get service. As I am on a 5 GB plan I do not want my internet running at all times nor do I want o have to disconnect from the internet every time I turn my computer on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is Windows 8.1 causing my Verizon Mobile Broadband USB Pantech modem to auto connect/
mebpapa
Enthusiast - Level 2

To correct the auto connect issue I first had to disconnect VZ Access Manager from the internet. Go to the task bar and click on the networks icon. Click on Verizon Wireless (LTE) and uncheck connect automatically. This did it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why is Windows 8.1 causing my Verizon Mobile Broadband USB Pantech modem to auto connect/
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mebpapa,

Hmm. That is a bit conflicting. After all, we don't want you to have to worry about usage running up or having to get disconnected each time you get on the computer. Ultimately, this is a software functionality of Windows 8.1 however. Have you noticed a high increase of usage when the auto connect is left on or are you just taking precautionary measures?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mebpapa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Through some trial and error and found out how to make it stop auto connecting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing mebpapa!

If you don't mind, share the steps you found that can possibly assist other community members experiencing the same.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mebpapa
Enthusiast - Level 2

To correct the auto connect issue I first had to disconnect VZ Access Manager from the internet. Go to the task bar and click on the networks icon. Click on Verizon Wireless (LTE) and uncheck connect automatically. This did it.

0 Likes