Why is there NO coverage in Parksville NY?
JAMSAM9

I have called and asked this question a number of times, I never get a good answer. I live in Parksville NY I asked 4 years ago if coverage was coming I was told yes, I've asked about 10 times since. ATT, TMobile, Sprint, MetroPCS all have 5 bar coverage. Verizon NO SERVICE. Dont get me wrong, I have been a Verizon customer for about 10 years, they have great service everywhere I go. Just not on Main Street in Parksville. I bought a network extender from Verizon so I can use the Verizon service at home. I checked your map and it shows LTE should be there, no LTE, No 3G, nothing. Can this be corrected?nocoverageinparksvilleny.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is there NO coverage in Parksville NY?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you being our valued customer for so many years, JAMSAM9. I do want to see you get the best signal possible in as many locations as possible but I do see that the dense foliage and terrain of the area can create a bit of difficulty with the signal inside of buildings. What model phone do you have? How far do you have to travel before you see LTE on your phone?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAMSAM9

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have had several models of the iPhone over the years, I currently have the model 6. If I drive in the direction of Livingston Manor it only takes about 1/2 of a mile before my phone indicates LTE. If I drive in the direction of Liberty I must travel a bit over 2 miles before ny phone indicates LTE.

I guess what I'm really trying to ask is why ALL the other networks have 5 bars in the area and Verizon dosent have service at all. I kinda understood when I first moved here there was no service from any carrier in the area, but now everyone has coverage except you.

Like I said I've called and asked several times, they always say its coming, any idea of a realistic time frame?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are more than welcome. I appreciate you giving us all the details about that area. After close review that zip is what we call a marginal coverage area. This is why coverage there is limited. There is no foreseeable schedule tower construction for that area. As much as we would love to cover every square inch of our great country. There are just some places were improvements are needed. Alerting us of this is a step in the right direction. Also, you can fill this form out to request to have that area considered for tower construction: http://vz.to/1Xxqy7W

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes