Why sell phones with 4GLTE when it is not available.
w6cef1942

I live in a small town in Arizona, We are ignored when new technologies are started.  I do not receive any 4G LTE so why sell phones that have it.

Only the big cities get it, and a good size town of 10,000 people is completly ignored.  Recently Prescott, Prescott Valley were added but Chino Valley was ignored.  You added Mayer which is tiny but ignored a place like Chino Valley.  I don't want to have to drive 12 or more miles just so I can get 4g.  Please remember that people do not all live in bigger towns.  If you advertise the you have the biggest 4g market, why ignore towns like Chino Valley.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why sell phones with 4GLTE when it is not available.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon is supposed to have 4G completely rolled out mid-2013; you may want to go to this site:

http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#!/coverage

and sign up for e-mails when 4G comes to your area (look at the top right-hand side at the top for Sign Me Up).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have 3G now then then you will get 4G LTE by mid 2013 according to a recent press release from Verizon Wireless. The engineers have to upgrade a lot of towers to get an area covered with 4G LTE. I think they are working as fast as possible.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

w6cef1942 wrote:

I live in a small town in Arizona, We are ignored when new technologies are started.  I do not receive any 4G LTE so why sell phones that have it.

Only the big cities get it, and a good size town of 10,000 people is completly ignored.

My town is 4000, nearest city of over 50,000 is 60 miles away. We have 4G. If you have 3G now you WILL get 4G.

As far as why sell a 4G before 4G is available? Because you want that spectrum to be used as soon as you deploy it. If Verizon was still selling 3G only phone because 4G wouldn't be everywhere until mid 2103 then it would take forever to get everyone off of 3G. Most peole would still be using 3G phones well into 2015.

Verizon will start selling phones with 1700 MHz/2100 MHz LTE radios in them within the next few months. They won't start deploying that spectrum until late 2013. This will ensure there will be a sizable portion of their customers will have phones that can use the spectrum from day 1.

0 Likes