Why with Jet Pack difference in hot spot data usage
PDW911

For months I noticed my Jet Pack data usage seemed excessive for my usage profile. I had the opportunity to obtain another 4G LTE hot stop from another carrier and have been using each unit every other day for the past two months at my office as a test. As such, the usage profiles are balanced (averaged)...I've even taken to "streaming" ESPN world cup TV on the other carrier's device (afraid to even try this on Jet Pack)

So after two months my other carrier's unit has averaged 1/2 the reported data that the Verizon Jet pack has been reporting....obviously a BIG deal when it comes to a 5 GB/month plan...and before anyone asks, the 4G LTE signal for both carriers is about equal at my office location and i turn units off when they are not in use

So what's up Verizon. I don't seem to be the only one complaining of high reported data use...you can't tell me that your 4G LTE data is better than some other carrier...requiring double the reported use.

Is Verizon over charging/over reporting? Is there a problem with the Jet Pack series?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why with Jet Pack difference in hot spot data usage
copperpenny22
Enthusiast - Level 2

There obviously appears to be a problem with the jet packs and also a problem with this forum, as you have not had a reply to your inquiry and the previous discussions from other jet pack users has been LOCKED .  Had we known about the jet pack problems, we would never have "upgraded" to get one.  It has been less than a month that we purchased, and the daily data usage is out of sight!  After just two days usage, we were close to using our full monthly allotment. We went back to the Verizon store 4 times in an attempt to solve the problem.  All they could do was add more data and additional charges to our bill!  And they would not take the jet pack equipment back.  Had we continued using the jet packs, we would have needed at least 1G every day of the month!  We finally called Verizon to put us back on our previous plan; and of course, they are going to charge us for "breaking our contract"!   And the sales people at the store did not inform us about several others changes that automatically took place when we "upgraded"; like losing our "grandfathered" unlimited data on one of our smart phones, and doubling our monthly charges on the two other standard phones on our account.  We specifically asked the store sales person about the grandfathered phone; and he specifically said it would not change--it did!  And Verizon is now saying they cannot re-install it!  We have been cell phone customers of Verizon for about 15 years, without any problems; but this situation takes the cake!  If Verizon insists on penalizing us at the rate of $175. for each device, we will certainly look for another cell phone service as soon as our contracts on our 4 phones runs out!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try checking the Jetpack spaces in the community. Additional Devices & Products

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
copperpenny22
Enthusiast - Level 2

As you suggested, I went to Additional Devices & Products.  All I found were more complaints about excessive data usage with jet packs.  Other than cancelling Verizon services, are there any solutions?

0 Likes