Wireless Internet Service Getting Worse
Brose6
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've been living in my current house for about 4 years now. Admittedly, I live out in the country where the wireless service has never been great. Fortunately, when I first moved and for about a year or two after, the wireless internet service through my phone was acceptable. Pages loaded quick enough, I could watch videos and there were no real connections issues. However, over the last year or two, I've noticed that my phone's internet service has been getting progressively worse. Pages load slower, videos need to buffer, sometimes there would be connection issues, etc. Overall, it was still manageable.

As of late though (last couple months), the connection has gotten significantly worse. Now, the phone isn't even able to load web pages half the time. It seems to work the best in the morning and late at night, but it is absolutely abysmal in the middle of the day. I'm not exactly sure what to make of it since nothing has changed on my end. It can't just be my phone because my wife's phone is experiencing the exact same issues and hers is only about a year old. Also, they seem to work fine in other locations.

Is there anything I can do to improve and or resolve this? Or, am I just out of luck and it is time to explore another carrier?
Re: Wireless Internet Service Getting Worse
Brose6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forgot to mention, the zip code is 21053. While outdoor can be slightly better, the issue of things getting noticeably worse applies to both indoor and outdoor compared to how it used to be in the same spots.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to see you go to any other carrier. I would want to troubleshoot your device to help improve your service. Please send us a Private Message for account-specific help.

-Carter

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate those additional details. I checked and didn't see any outages in that area. Please tell me, what's the make and model of your device?

-Carter

0 Likes
Brose6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung S9 and Pixel 5. I'm confident it is not the device. It's the same issue with 2 different devices. Also, anyone who comes to my house with verizon has similar issues. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. How far away from the area do you need to walk/drive to notice an improvement? -Evelyn

0 Likes
Brose6
Enthusiast - Level 2

About 1.5 - 2 miles.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Brose6! We may need to troubleshoot to see if you are in a marginal coverage area. Is this only affecting your mobile data and internet or is this also affecting your calls and texts?

*Ayesha

0 Likes
Brose6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have less bars when it comes to calls, but I haven't dropped any. Texts do sometimes take a while to send or fail, especially when it is a file or picture.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, Brose6. I'm glad your calls are staying connected. It sounds like the multimedia messages are the main issue. Do you have Wi-Fi at home as well? If so, how is the connection with Wi-Fi working for you? 

What is your signal strength currently? What speeds are you getting? Please use this link to test: http://spr.ly/6187DxiIV and share the results with us.

-Ryan

0 Likes