Wrong System Time Being Broadcast in Ann Arbor, MI
fabian3114

It appears that a cell tower in the south Ann Arbor, MI area is broadcasting the wrong system time. It is behind 1 hour. Current actual time is 08:18 AM, system time being broadcast is 07:18 AM. Not sure which tower is broadcasting the signal, either the State St tower by the old Edwards Brothers factory or the tower by Pioneer High School. I work by Michigan Stadium and since yesterday, the system time on my phone as well as numerous other coworkers Verizon phones are all behind 1 hour. Anyone else experiencing this issue in the area? Any idea as to when it may be fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wrong System Time Being Broadcast in Ann Arbor, MI
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fabian3114, while getting out of work an hour sooner than expected is always a nice treat, running behind an hour is never a happy surprise. We are finding that powering the phone off, sliding the sim card out and back in again, and then powering the phone back on, that time is resetting to the correct time.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reddog62

This appears widespread-Chicagoland area also zip 60030-clocks advancing one hour-all phones in the house are doing this.  Why does this require a physical intervention on the part of the phone owner?  Clocks advance one hour sometime between midnight and 4:00 AM and then rest to correct time around 6:30AM.  Not a carrier signal issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reddog62,

Help is our middle name & you've come to the right place! Your time is certainly precious & never want for you to jump ahead of schedule at all. We have been finding this to be a known issue & we are working very hard to get this corrected as quickly as possible. We would like to keep troubleshooting all we can to help. What make & model phones do you have? When did this problem start to happen?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes