Xoom 4G Works Everywhere but San Antonio
jwehling

I sent my Xoom into Motorola to have the 4G radio installed, received it
back no 4G, I took it to Verizon store they contacted support no idea they
contacted Motorola wanted me to return to see what is going on.  I did not receive my return box before I had
to go to east coast to I took my Xoom, funny it works everywhere there is 4G
except where I live even though I get 4G on my Bionic.  Will someone look into this Verizon said I
need to send to Motorola but 4G radio works fine NY, NJ, NH, CN, Houston,
Dallas, Philly, everywhere but San Antonio.  Any IDEAS???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Xoom 4G Works Everywhere but San Antonio
Wildman
Legend

Basically the Verizon 4G network is still is its growing stages and has not been upgraded in all areas so outages in some areas should be normal until the network has been completed.

0 Likes
jwehling

Standing in an a Verizon store with 4G my Phone has 4G all the phones that employees have is 4G but my Xoom is 3G but only in the San Antonio area, ALL of San Antonio, I have a 4G phone it has 4G all over San Antonio but not my Xoom tablet. Issue is with Verizon, ask Dell, they sell the 4G air cards some don't have 4G in San Antonio or Austin on Verizon Network others do on Verizon Network.  Someone at Verizon needs to look a little father into the issue than well other 4G works so must be Xoom, Motorola said 4G radio works fine no problem found because they are not in San Antonio where it doesn't work.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I would guess in the store they have network repeater or extendes and they do not support 4G on the extenders, if you device is utilizing the signal from the extender instead of the the network directly that supports 4g the device will enter into 3g... My Thunderbolt does the same thing when I am at my house where I am using a extender..

Have you tried resetting the 4G card by removing it for a few minutes and then place it back in the device and allow it to push the roaming update to the device?

0 Likes
jwehling

Well having Verizon Tier 2 and Motorola all on the phone in a conference
call, pulled card, reset all settings, wiped tablet completely reset all
settings back, putting a completely new SIMS card in.  Again it all points back to a network issue,
either the network doesn’t like some of the 4G radios and it’s a crap shoot
which ones or there is an issue with the way the SIDS are shared in San Antonio
and Austin area.  Xoom works perfectly
fine everywhere in every city that has 4G except San Antonio.  If all logical aspects of trouble shooting
had not been tried I would not be reaching out, it is not settings on my tablet it’s
in the Verizon Network someone just has to recognize that and try to resolve
it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Since it sounds like you have went through some heavy testing and this leaves your ideal about the network not liking some radios sounds like a strong possibility...  Since the device wasnt origianlly made with the 4G card and probally wasnt tested to exclude all veriable that can happen, now that you brought this to their attention maybe they can fix the issue with a software update...

0 Likes