autoconnect and auto launching VPN using VZ Access Manager
ddecoursey

Hi,

I am using the 4g wireless broadband on my laptop.

I would like the connection to connect during startup and   then launch my  VPN immediately all upon startup

Can someone give me to correct preferences to set  in VZ Access Manger to accomplish this ?   

Ultimately all I will see when starting up is the login window of my VPN

thanks  {edited for privacy}

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: autoconnect and auto launching VPN using VZ Access Manager
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

ddecoursey wrote:

Hi,

I am using the 4g wireless broadband on my laptop.

I would like the connection to connect during startup and   then launch my  VPN immediately all upon startup

Can someone give me to correct preferences to set  in VZ Access Manger to accomplish this ?   

Ultimately all I will see when starting up is the login window of my VPN

thanks  {edited for privacy}

Please follow the steps below and ensure the Run VZAccess Manager at Startup box is checked.

1. Open VZAccess Manager.
    From the Windows desktop, click Start > All Programs (Programs) > VZAccess Manager.
  2. Click Tools > Preferences.
  3. Select the desired tab to view preferences.

WWAN TAB:

Depending upon device and / or software version, some options may not be available.

• Ensure desired options are selected then click Set Options.
  • From the VPN tab, ensure the Automatically start the VPN on connection box is selected then click OK.
  • Then go to the Options tab and make sure the Run VZAccess Manager at Startup is also checked.

You can also download the latest VZAccess Manager software (if necessary) at the link below:

VZ Acess Manager Link

Thank you.

0 Likes
ddecoursey

Thanks for your reply

I do have  it launching upon computer startup   but the WWLAN connection will not "auto connect"    I have to click the connect button    then  it will autostart the VPN for me    I just wish I could append the specified "EXE" with the optional switches that further automate the VPN startup..It seem all can do is call the actual EXE ..If  I put my desired switches on the end  VZM says  "no such program" or something to that effect ....

I guess the issue of  having to click on CONNECT WWAN  is the  one I would like to fix now ..I see some auto connect options but they don't seem to do anything    no matter which ones I check..The VZ programs comes up and sits  there

0 Likes
RT_71

Have you tried putting parenthesis around the cmd line command and switches?

Also this could indicate you need to add the path to the executable into your path variables:

•  They are easiest accessed from right clicking on "My computer" or "Computer" and chosing "properties", then the "advanced system settings" tab and then the 'Environmnet variables" button. In the "system variables" window, scroll down to the "Path" variable, select it and then select the "edit" buton.
  • Then left click your cursor into the "Variable value:" box and CAREfully scroll right using your right arrow key to the end of the line. Add a semi-colon to the last entry and then enter the path to the install directory of the VZ access Manager EXE (should be something such as, C:\Program Files\...).

Just some thoughts....

0 Likes
ddecoursey

in OPTIONS  --> Conectivity Options   what  do they mean by LAN Adapter ?  Are the referingto the brodband modem......of course I have a LAN adapert built in on my laptop........Of coruse I am not using it  it a coppper connection  I am tryingto stay wireless

as you see I   am  still stivingto get this to auto connect to WWAN

0 Likes