cannot connect to HP wireless printer
altmand

I am very frustrated!  I'm sure most of you who result to this can attest to. I have talked to HP support, talked to Verizon support. Even had a 3-way call with both of them. Of course, HP wants me to pay for their "solution" because the printer is out of warranty.  Not!!! So, I have an HP wireless printer that does not print wirelessly.  I thought...that the 4G LTE 4510L would act like the router I no longer have so I could printer wirelessly, BUT NOOOOOOO....  So, neither of these parties have been able to assist.  Can anyone out there help?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cannot connect to HP wireless printer
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The MiFi 4510L is a router and can support up to 5 devices wirelessly.  HP printers are no exception but you may have to tweak the MiFi a little to get it to play nicely with all your devices.

My suggestion is to lower the wireless mode down to B/G.  This should make your wireless connection more simple and compatible with your printer.

Change the 802.11/Wireless Mode

1. Sign into your MiFi
  2. Click the Wi-Fi tab
  3. Change the 802.11 mode from B+G+N to B+G
  4. Click Apply
  5. Test your connection

If you could provide us with your printer model and more details on where the installation is breaking we might be able to provide more suggestions.

0 Likes
altmand

Hi John! Thanks so much for your response.  I will try the steps you have outlined below and get back to you.  I am not a real tech savvy sort of person so hopefully, I can understand what you are saying once I get there.BTW, My printer is an HP J6480 officejet all in one.  Thanks again.

Diana

The MiFi 4510L is a router and can support up to 5 devices wirelessly.  HP printers are no exception but you may have to tweak the MiFi a little to get it to play nicely with all your devices. My suggestion is to lower the wireless mode down to B/G.  This should make your wireless connection more simple and compatible with your printer. Change the 802.11/Wireless ModeSign into your MiFiClick the Wi-Fi tabChange the 802.11 mode from BGN to B+GClick ApplyTest your connection If you could provide us with your printer model and more details on where the installation is breaking we might be able to provide more suggestions.

>Personal info deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
dofoxaz

Okay, I have the same problem. I have a wireless printer (HP Desk Jet 3050 All-in-one. It worked fine with the 5 spot, but I just upgraded to the new hot spot The printer shows it has a wireless connection but I cannot print anything to it! Any suggestions? It worked great with the old hot spot but now I can't print. Thanks!

0 Likes