droid charge
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1
I have this and have had major issues i am getting my 5th phone on Friday.1 phone had case issues 4phones had tech issues how, i asked for a different phone cause i am tired of this and they said they can't. This is my first Verizon phone and it looks like it will be my last if Verizon does not make this right. I wax told i am in a 4g area zip is 43217. I have had numerous trouble tickets only yo be told i am in a "extended" area but the map does not show that i wad told i javelin 2towers within 6 miles of my house but according ho tech my phone is on a tower 8miles to the south why is this happening if i go a mile north east west i get 4-5 bars and i have 4g but when i am home i have no 4g but for about a hour, why for they offer network extendeders when we i have a 4 g device if i wanted 3g i would have stayed at sprint not to mention i am not paying for a network extender being i have no net if i wanted a extender i would need to have pay for internet.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid charge
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1
Hmmm today my thunderbolt arrived and since i have had it i have not lost 4 g for longer than a few mins so i guess it looks like tech support was wrong about me being in a "marginal" area and it looks like when it comes to phones you guys dont know squat. Oh and that site that u posted does not allow you to zoom out it just tells you if 4g is in our area.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2
Wow Paul, perhaps you should proof read your posts before sending. You are trying to make a valid point, but your typing and grammar are so bad it's hard to understand. Hopefully you get the response you are looking for.

Good luck!
0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1
I have this and have had major issues i am getting my 5th phone on Friday.1 phone had case issues 4phones had tech issues, i asked for a different phone cause i am tired of this and they said they can't. This is my first Verizon phone and it looks like it will be my last if Verizon does not make this right. I was told i am in a 4g area zip is 43217. I have had numerous trouble tickets only to be told i am in a "extended" area but the map does not show that, i was told i have 2 towers within 6 miles of my house but according the tech my phone is on a tower 8miles to the south why is this happening if i go a mile north east west i get 4-5 bars and i have 4g but when i am home i have 4g but for about a hour, why do they offer network extenders when i have a 4 g device if i wanted 3g i would have stayed at sprint not to mention i am not paying for a network extender being i have no net if i wanted a extender i would need to have pay for internet.
0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1
Does anybody that has a charge do you notice if you have 4g while the phone is layed down then drops after you pick it up.
0 Likes
dave44052
There is a form on here just for the charge and you will see many of us our having similar problems
0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Paul77,

I understand your discontent; I would be frustrated if my phone didn't connect to the 4G network shown on the coverage map. Your post indicates that you are in a 4G Extended Network (as per trouble tickets). This means that while your general area is within our 4G coverage your particular address is in a 4G Extended Coverage and 4G signal is not always guaranteed at your location.

You can verify extended 4G coverage online at VZW 4G WEBPAGE and click on the WHERE IS 4G LTE AVAILABLE? link, then enter your full address including house/apt number, then click on the AM I COVERED? link, then click on the VIEW COVERAGE MAP link and zoom out twice on the map. You will then see two shades of red indicating 4G coverage and 4G Extended Coverage (which may or may not provide 4G sign at all times as disclosed on that webpage).

Your post also indicates multiple phone replacements; please note that a different model phone will not make a difference in the 4G Extended Network coverage status in your area and getting a different phone will not provide you with 4G signal in areas where your current phone is not able to get 4G signal.

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1
Antonio i am guessing you missed the part where i said i have check d al the maps and have been told that i do have 4g. But when i called Sunday and talked to a guy he admitted that the maps habeas not been updated since 4g first rolled out and he said it is possible that i am no longer in a 4g area. But he also told me that he KNOWS of the trouble the charge has not just with ny phone but with other people and he said he would switch me to a different model phone and said i should be at least able to get 3G on the phone instead of no signal at all. It's PRETTY SAD when Verizon knows of the issue this phone has had but yet they tell people i have never heard of any problems with this phone. Here is a though why don't you guys read all the complaints about this phone from all over the web. Here go to phonemedia.com and look at the comparison of the tonic thunderbolt charge and the revelotion even those guys said the charge had issues staying connected to the internet.
0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1
Hmmm today my thunderbolt arrived and since i have had it i have not lost 4 g for longer than a few mins so i guess it looks like tech support was wrong about me being in a "marginal" area and it looks like when it comes to phones you guys dont know squat. Oh and that site that u posted does not allow you to zoom out it just tells you if 4g is in our area.
0 Likes
ReganRae
Paul
I feel your frustration! I can be sitting and watching a netflix movie and suddenly my phone will go from 4g to no data connectivity at all! And i also went to the site to try to take a look at the 4g coverage map, but it just says congrats you have 4g. ugh. My 3 year old blackberry got internet more consistently than this phone.
0 Likes