dropped calls
marymorning
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in 59936 zip code and all winter have few problems with my verizon service.  starting about early april, dropping calls becomes frequent - sometimes it is impossible to make a call.  A Verizon customer service person walked me through all the troubleshooting and none of it has helped.  Then they sent me a new SIM and before I installed it I double checked if 5G was even available in my area- which it was not, and to top it off my iphone XR isn't 5G compatible?  So back to barely being able to make calls at all. 

I am not the only Verizon customer with this problem in my area.  A neighbor has contacted customer service 3 years in a row with this complaint and has been sent money and an apology.  I don't want either.  I just want to be able to get the service level I am paying for.

Is there anything you can do to improve the service in West Glacier MT? The tower load must increase by tens of thousands of users every day through out the summer months.

Please help!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone who relies on their phone as their main form of communication, I too would be frustrated if this experience was happening year after year, marymorning. Based on the experience you describe, it certainly sounds like there are a few factors outside our control that are impacting your service, and some additional sites are needed in the area. The great news is that we offer some solutions in areas where this occurs. If you have Wi-Fi at home, you can use Wi-Fi calling on your phone to help improve your service at home, and other locations where Wi-Fi is available. You can learn more about Wi-Fi calling here: https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

Let me know if this solution helps improve your experience.

-Joseph

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone who relies on their phone as their main form of communication, I too would be frustrated if this experience was happening year after year, marymorning. Based on the experience you describe, it certainly sounds like there are a few factors outside our control that are impacting your service, and some additional sites are needed in the area. The great news is that we offer some solutions in areas where this occurs. If you have Wi-Fi at home, you can use Wi-Fi calling on your phone to help improve your service at home, and other locations where Wi-Fi is available. You can learn more about Wi-Fi calling here: https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

Let me know if this solution helps improve your experience.

-Joseph

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello marymorning, we wanted to check back with you. Was the information for Wi-Fi calling useful? Is there anything else we can help you with today? 

~Ivone

0 Likes
marymorning
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the quick response.  Yes, the wifi calling has helped immensely this morning (just one day of comparison so far).

Do you have any plans of improving the service in the 59936 zip code area?  I am one of tens of thousands of people every day having this problem in the tourist season.

Does the iphone XR work on 5G?  Verizon sent me a 5G SIM card to switch in my iphone to try to improve service, but i have not installed it because of this concern.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! Verizon Wireless radio frequency (RF) engineers and system performance engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify locations that may require additional coverage. Based on their analyses and recommendations, cell site construction or other improvements are then planned and budgeted accordingly. Verizon Wireless' specific network expansion plans, locations, and timetables are considered proprietary and confidential.

~Ivone