home fusion 4g lte data usage
brencat31
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have home fusion lte and my data usage keeps going up.  I do the sAme things on my verizon phone and never use close to the data I am using on the broadband.  What can I do?  I monitor data usage and data is being used when router is turned off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: home fusion 4g lte data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here to help! Keep in mind, data usage is reported after the usage has occurred therefore, if you turn all data off on your account, and see usage trickling in, this falls under normal opperation of the device.

What devices do you have connected to the Home Fusion? When did you first notice this issue, and were any devices added around that time? 
TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
brencat31
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have a desktop and laptop that we use with the home fusion and a Kindle fire on occasion. These are the same devices we have been using.  We have stopped all syncing to any clouds and auto updates. We are using these devices very little.

We are using 2 android Samsung Galaxy cell phones with Verizon 12 gb of data doing what we once did on our home fusion wifi and not going over the data plan.  We even use the phones as  mobile hotspots. We must find a solution as the data charges are outrageous.  Would a hotspot be a better solution or adding a third phone to the account to use as a mobile hotspot?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate your follow up details, brencat31. More often than not, the usage stems from computer programs and mobile apps and services. One good way to help minimize this usage is to clarify that your desktops and laptops are set to a metered data connection.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/metered-internet-connections-frequently-asked-questions

This is a helpful link that can help with configuring these options.

Another recommendation I can make is to install data usage trackers on your computer to help you track where data usage is occruing from. This can help pinpoint the devices that are using data as well.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brencat31
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using a Data Usage Tracker on all computers.  The data usage reported  does not even come close to using my 30g data plan.   There is definitely something wrong.    When I can use the 12g data plan by using my phone as a mobile hotspot and do the same things and not use up the data plan but I use up the 30g on the Home Fusion there is problem.  I want a solution.  Should I add a hotspot or another phone as a mobile device and get rid of the Home Fusion since there is clearly a problem.  Who do I contact to resolve the problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brencat31 thanks for all of your efforts. Let's dig deeper. I have sent you a Private Message so that we may begin.
RosanneM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rramirez0011

It's definitely not just you. I have the same plan, and the month before that I went over by 8gb, which is no problem. and then this current month I went over almost 40gb, without changing my usage habit. It's very frustrating.

0 Likes
brencat31
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our data is out of control.  We are now going over 30gb.  I am trying to get assistance from Verizon but so far no one is willing to help.  I put data meters on all our computers and they verify what I am saying. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Brencat31,

Help has arrived. We know data overages can be alarming. Thanks for all the hard work thus far in an effort to resolve the issue. Lets dig a little deeper to make sure that this is resolved. There are many direct and indirect sources of high data usage. Common sources are Advertisement refreshes on web pages, Video or Live Gaming streaming, Cloud service updates, Viruses or Malware on a home computer, Windows updates, and Other services that sync in the background. Have you checked your home computer settings and with the device users that are connecting to ensure non of these activities are occurring?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rramirez0011, we're stepping in to ease your frustrations and make sure that you understand how data usage is debited from your allowance. Are you streaming music, videos, social media, or movies on your device? These tasks will use large amounts of your data allowance. Did you have a chance to view your data usage sessions online at My Verizon? http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/myverizonlp/

Which make/model phone do you have?

LasinaHHH_VZW

0 Likes